• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I’m sorry but Fresco is a nightmare

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss Adobe Draw. I really do. I would gladly pay a subscription to have Adobe Draw back instead of Fresco. Why? Fresco is completely useless (at least right now) and I can explain why. 

In Draw you could send your projects to Illustrator. That was basically the point of Draw. All your layers/sub layers will be there in Illustrator and you could pick up right where you left off. With Fresco, if you send a project to Illustrator it flattens everything and converts it into a pixelated PSD. No more vectors. The point of Illustrator is to be able to work with Vectors. Thus, this makes Fresco utterly useless. 

Also, if you're an iphone user, you have no drawing aids in Fresco. You can't draw a circle, square or triangle. Why not? Such a simple tool is simply not available. Of course it was once available with Draw.

Oh yeah, if you had any type of image or Text in one of your projects from Adobe Draw - that project is now completely gone. Just gone. Sorry I guess. 

I don't know why I even bother but also in Draw you could drag any layer from any project into any other project. This was very convenient. Of course you can't do this Fresco. Fresco will act like you can do this, but nope. You can't. 

It hurts my brain to think about why Adobe would ever discontinue Draw and then give us this pathetic excuse for an app in return. 

TOPICS
Device , Import , Layers , Syncing & Storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Illustrator on the iPad, if your only interest is in Vector images then no Fresco is not the app for you. It is a painting app with extra features added on every time someone wanted it to be the same as some other app. Illustrator on the iPad on the other hand works perfectly well with Illustrator on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were directed to Fresco when Draw was being eliminated; so I feel it was heavily implied that Fresco was the "new" Draw. But yeah, apparently that wasn't the case.

I guess there's simply no longer an app that fulfills the needs that Draw provided. 

I'm away from my computer 80% of the day, but I have my phone. I would use Draw to do most of my drawings during the day, and then send it to Illustrator at night for touch ups.

And like many people, I unfortunately can't afford to run out and buy an iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were probably directed because Fresco is a hybrid of Photoshop & Illustrator with it geared towards illustration work.  I'm sorry fresco doesn't work for you. I'm the opposite. I never was comfortable with Draw or Sketch, but I absolutely love Fresco and it became my go to app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why do you like Fresco more? I feel it's basically Draw except no drawing aids (No way to draw a line, square or triangle unless you have an iPad...), you can no longer name your layers, you can't drag layers in from other projects - which was extremely helpful btw, and you can no longer send your projects to continue working on them in Adobe Illustrator. Besides all those very important things, it's basically the same, no? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree. The Illustrator connection plus the multi artboards feature were something we got very used to and Fresco left them out. I'd pay to have Draw and Sketch back and day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines