• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help on how to do this

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I've made a layer with a clipped layer on it, but I want the layer which isn't being clipped to be invisible, while the one that's being clipped stays visible within the boundaries of the layer with the invisible layer. Anyone know how to do this?

If this sounds confusing (which it probably does) I can add a image, just lmk

TOPICS
Color , How-to , Layers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Okay, that makes sense now. Here's a better way to do it.

Use the black shape to make a selection, then use that selection to make a layer mask on the glow layer. After you make the layer mask you can delete the black layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you added an image.

I may not understand what you are attempting. I don't see why the clipped layer needs to be invisible because the content that is clipped to it takes priority. You don't see the contents of the first layer because it is replaced with the clipped contents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the images:

I basically want the black part to be invisible (I filled the black part and its inside a separate area), because what I'm doing is using a huge soft brush to add a glowing effect.

help 1.jpg

help 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that makes sense now. Here's a better way to do it.

Use the black shape to make a selection, then use that selection to make a layer mask on the glow layer. After you make the layer mask you can delete the black layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, that worked, thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines