• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Brushes Causing Unusable Lag

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just set up my new Microsoft Touch Pro 7 (8GB) with the Adobe programs I'm used to (and literally nothing else on it aside from these) and started tinkering with Fresco. I loved the app and used it for probably two hours without issue. 

Then I uploaded some of the Kyle T. Webster brushes from Adobe and the entire app began to lag so badly it was unusable. Not just the new brushes I imported but any brush I tried to use at all. I closed the program. I restarted my laptop twice. Nothing worked until I removed the brushes from the app via the creative cloud and then app seemed to work normal for a few minutes. I imported the brushes again and I got the same lag.  

I was not using vector brushes, my canvases were just standard default sizes and I tried a few. 

Lastly I removed the imported brushes again and the app was only partially back to normal. Some brushes (including all of the love brushes) were fine but some of the default brushes (the charcoal, for example) were lagging nonsensically. 

I would think this was perhaps and internet connection issue if it weren't for the fact that the app was behaving differently with the imported brushes. They were just simple pixel brushes and when I opened them to use in Photoshop, they behaved perfectly normally. 

I'm surprised to see so many posts in this forum about Fresco starting to lag out of nowhere after a time of usage. And I'm even more surprised that there has been no offered solutions or even explanations. Has there been any idea on what is causing this? I really, really enjoy this app as a sketch and underpinning process to be finished out and rendered in Photoshop but the random lag with no explanation is baffling. 

TOPICS
Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been solved with subsequent updates to the app since you originally posted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How big were you using the brushes?  Because if I have the brushes more on the larger size, its going to really slow things down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines