• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Animation from Fresco into Animate

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway/the best way to import animation (motion) into Animate from Fresco.

When I have tried to import a PSD created in Fresco it just creates all the layers with none of the actual frames/timeline, which is a bit disappointing.

I am surprised that Adobe doesn’t have an easy way to transition between the two software.

Perhaps there is a way which I am missing...and hence the question...

TOPICS
Cross-product , Import , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Animation in Fresco is a relatively new feature so it shouldn't be a suprise that it doesn't have full integration with all other Adobe apps. You could add a feature request on the UserVoice  page (App Settings > Help > Suggest a Feature) to request integration with Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

If you get the Adobe Fresco desktop app you can export the file directly to adobe illustrator, and then export an SVG that you can import into Adobe Animate. Alternatively you could export your file from Adobe Fresco as a PDF from your ipad, open that PDF in Illustrator, and again import it as an SVG.

One nice thing about Fresco though is that its both raster and vector, so if youre drawing in vectors you could just uprez your footage, then export it as a video file or PNG sequence to then import

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animation in Fresco is a relatively new feature so it shouldn't be a suprise that it doesn't have full integration with all other Adobe apps. You could add a feature request on the UserVoice  page (App Settings > Help > Suggest a Feature) to request integration with Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you - I am really enjoying using Fresco - but it would be good if it could have a few more features to make it a more robust animation platform. I will submit the request as suggested...
Do you know if Abode are actively working on adding more animation features to Fresco?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get the Adobe Fresco desktop app you can export the file directly to adobe illustrator, and then export an SVG that you can import into Adobe Animate. Alternatively you could export your file from Adobe Fresco as a PDF from your ipad, open that PDF in Illustrator, and again import it as an SVG.

One nice thing about Fresco though is that its both raster and vector, so if youre drawing in vectors you could just uprez your footage, then export it as a video file or PNG sequence to then import into Adobe Animate.

I saw that other comment, "... s a relatively new feature so it shouldn't be a suprise that it doesn't have full integration with all other Adobe apps ..." and honestly I think that is just a shame and not justifiable. Leave it to Adobe to make an animation program that litteraly cant export in any way with a timeline into any of their other apps.

Honestly I think that it is a complete shame that adobe didnt make fresco integrated with animate. "Animate" alreadly is like a forgotten child of adobe ever since flash became unsupported, and Adobe Fresco is now like an orphan software that Adobe seems to only half want to be responsible for that exists becuase they divided their programs so much.

Yes Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Animate all have different fundamental structures that makes it difficult now for them to be integrated. I apprecaite Fresco existing, but I think it just egregous that it can only integrate into illustrator (there might be a way to export into after effects, I've never done it but AE cannot export SVGs). You shouldnt have to request the ability to use the timeline that you build in the app. These apps should not even be divided to begin with either in my opinion.

Adobe made fresco because they alledgledy wanted to do things with it that they cant with their programs becuase of the structural restraints of those programs. In my opinion, Adobe Fresco should be a super app that can do everything the other apps can do, becuase Adobe should be one program - thought I doubt that will ever happen.

Look at Blender 3D, its almost everything Adobe Suite is and more in one capsule. I really hope that Adobe turns this around and makes Adobe Fresco into the super app that it could and should be - you should be able to import directly into Animate the same way you can now with Illustrator.
I honestly doubt they will do this though, becuase Adobes entier billing structure is predicated on dividing programs inorder to charge people more money. Maybe that will change as they embrace subscriptions more, but I would not hold out hope for it.

Until then, youre trapped in PDFs and Illustrator, parshing up your files that you just spend however long building everytime you export t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that this is UNSOLVED. None of the workarounds here do anything but import static images. Rough animator has an import into animate script and yet Fresco..... still waiting. I'll be using RA until this pipeline is introduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines