• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Fresco vectors are coming with Compound Paths with fragments.

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am drawing vectors in Adobe Fresco and then importing the drawing into Illustrator, through a pdf. When I go to the vectors, about half of them are paths and the other half are compound paths. When I release the compound paths, there are the tiny little fragment paths that I don't understand. To get rid of them, I have to delete manually, which is a real pain. I am using a laser cutter, therefore I cant have these fragments just in there. I am drawing on an new Ipad Pro with pencil, and importing to 2015 iMac. Again, I have no idea where these fragments come from.

Here are the paths and compound paths when i first open the pdfHere are the paths and compound paths when i first open the pdfthis is what happens when I release the compound paths. There is no fill and 1pt black stroke, so those solid shapes are the shrapnel.this is what happens when I release the compound paths. There is no fill and 1pt black stroke, so those solid shapes are the shrapnel.There should only be loops, but you can see the misc. shrapnel paths.There should only be loops, but you can see the misc. shrapnel paths.

TOPICS
Cross-product , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Hi there,

I tried to replicate the process at my end as you've mentioned in your post and unfortunately is the design of the app. It'll work like this only but I know it's problematic here and I've let the team know about it and they're working on it.

Sorry I couldn't be much of help!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm sorry about the output here.

Is this happening with only this particular file or with all the files that you export as PDF? 

Also, can you try to save the file over the CC libraries and then import it into the Illustrator app?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I tried to replicate the process at my end as you've mentioned in your post and unfortunately is the design of the app. It'll work like this only but I know it's problematic here and I've let the team know about it and they're working on it.

Sorry I couldn't be much of help!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines