Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to uptade after changing hard drive

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I recently changed my old hdd to a ssd using migration/clone tool. Everything is working fine, except that I can't install the last Fresco's update. I've try to uninstall/install creative cloud again, changing the path of installation, on my both ssd, and all the advices on error 176 on adobe's page, but still the same, error after 2%. 

I would like to add that since a moment, I think it was 2 updates earlier, the windows arrow doesn't disappear anymore, I've tried all the things I've read on this issue but still the same, I've tried on other drawing software and don't have this problem, only on fresco.

I'd appreciate some help, thanks 😉

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

It finally worked, uninstall clean everything,reboot and reinstall fixed the issue, thank you again  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you're talking about installing Fresco on a windows machine (what else 🙂 )?

Fresco is an app, in the old sense, and not a program. That means it installs in a completely separate folder than the Adobe ones, even if you'll find some Fresco titbits in the generic Adobe folder.
For example that prevents us from using the express keys on a graphic tablet to customise those for THIS specific app, as opposite to using custom functions for Photoshop, which has a proper .exe file, in a proper installation folder.

The Error 176 detects a faulty/restricted drive so I don't know if it's a restriction or a Fresco bug.

All that to say that I think you should contact Adobe directly.

to contact them just go here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/support/adobe-fresco.html

and scroll down to where you can see "contact us". It will open a new window, so beware if you have an ad-blocker.

Imaginerie_0-1687947084652.png

see also if this thread helps
https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/re-exit-code-176-not-installing-to-netwo...

PS: The cursor problem is a bug, everyone has it, we are waiting for the dev team to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tysm for the answer, I'll try all this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It finally worked, uninstall clean everything,reboot and reinstall fixed the issue, thank you again  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if my advice helped to be honest, but glad it worked nonetheless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines