• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad PSD files compatible with Windows PC?

Participant ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Photoshop subscriber on my Windows PC and am considering buying an iPad Pro to use Fresco and Photoshop for iPad. 

Question 1:  Can I download these two programs for free on my new device under my current subscription?

Question 2:  I understand Fresco saves files as PSDs.  Can I export these files to my Windows desktop computer and edit them in Photoshop for Windows?

TOPICS
Cross-product

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I can try to clear this up for you:

1. If you have the Photography, Photoshop Single App, or All Apps subscription, then Photoshop for iPad is included in your subscription. Fresco is free, and if signed in with your paid subscription, you'll have access to more cloud storage.

2. When you save a file in Adobe Fresco, it appears in your Cloud Documents in ".PSDC" (Photoshop Cloud Document) format. You can open it directly from Photoshop without any kind of exporting necessary.

See this link for more: https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/using/fresco-and-photoshop.html

Here's a screen shot of Photoshop, showing the Home screen (1) and two .psdc files (one created in Fresco, and one created in Photoshop for the iPad) which can be opened easily just by clicking them (2) from the Home screen in Photoshop.

2020-05-12_19-51-00.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines