• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to change your storage in Fresco

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error, I have maybe 2 Gigs left in my local drive, but I still a lot have space in my external drive. I don't see that there's any way to switch it to my D: drive, is this possible to change the memory location to my external drive?? 

TOPICS
Device , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an iPad or laptop/desktop version of Fresco?

On the Export screen in the iPad or Windows 10 Desktop version you can choose to save where ever you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do with Windows 10, I can't find the option. I'm a recent user of this application, I took a premium plan but I'm already deceived, there a lot of big but stupid problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Share on the top right, choose publish and export then export as when you tap the blue Export button it will open up a standard Save As window and you can navigate to where ever you want.

Sjaani_0-1631755086187.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you didn't understand the problem. This error message happens when you try to create or open a existing drawing. This has to do with `Local Storage`. By default Fresco will use the primary disk on Windows. Nowaday, this is a problem because the primary disk if often a SSD, which means that the space is limited. If the disk is nearly full, Fresco displays this error message and refuse to open or create a drawing. The user want to change the location where Fresco store the user data to another disk with more space but it seems not possible for the moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frv60172777, Sjanni was showing a workaround for that.  I know its not really possible at the moment,  but in exporting it to another location allows the user to delete it from the local drive, but keeping the file. I only have a 128 GB iPad Pro, but I have 2tB of iCloud storage, so I often move files to iCloud to clear up storage .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there now way to solve this ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, this is a common computer problem in this age with all "sandbox apps" (read: apps from some AppStore). It is something that works good for light apps made for phones or tablets (toys for children who play in a sandbox) which do not really need external storage. When this "apps" are ported to a real (=legacy) computer system they are "sandboxed" (mostly downloadable from an app store. That means they can only export to external storage but not directly "work" on it. Adobe XD was the first Adobe app made like this, then followed that crappy version of Lightroom (which no one uses, for the same reason). The good old Lightroom became Lightroom Classic, which still all decent photografers use, as they need external storage for their high resolution raw images. Now Fresco is the next app made like this. I think you have also Photoshop Express which works that way... "The future will be cloud-based", roomers say... Well I hope there comes a contra movement to this soon, because all there sandbox apps are nothing more than (fun) toys, not really usefull for the professionals who know what they do and like to have control about things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines