Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

magic wand

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, creative minds

I am new to Adobe Fresco and wonder if there is a magic wand tool or if that will get implemented in a future update (I want to select an element basically).

thanks for the feedback,

kind regards

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Hi Prplsnkgrp.

I have heard a few requests for a Magic Wand type tool, but not a lot so I can't say what the plans are for incorporating one.

But please take a minute please to post your feature request to User Voice (the team uses the site to prioritize features); it's easy to access from within Fresco:

* From the Home screen tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen. 

* Then from the App Settings menu go to Help > Support > Suggest a feature

Thanks for posting.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prplsnkgrp.

I have heard a few requests for a Magic Wand type tool, but not a lot so I can't say what the plans are for incorporating one.

But please take a minute please to post your feature request to User Voice (the team uses the site to prioritize features); it's easy to access from within Fresco:

* From the Home screen tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen. 

* Then from the App Settings menu go to Help > Support > Suggest a feature

Thanks for posting.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Sue, 

thanks for the (fast) feedback.

Have a nice weekend 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What the is wrong with you guys at Adobe, like are you guys so incompetent that you CANT include a basic magic wand tool that selects a white background around an image.

you're all useless at your jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Googles Adobe Fresco Magic Wand Tool*  Top result

"Magic Wand Tool:  SOLVED.  - Adobe Support"

.... "We have no plans ever for a magic wand tool"  just funny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that there's no plans for the tool. Both Fresco and Photoshop for the iPad are apps that are really young, and Adobe is still figuring out which tools users want in the apps and not bloat it with features that may not be used often. If plenty of users suggest it as a feature, I'm more than certain it will eventually be added. Just be patient and be communicative with the staff. The developers are listening and are receptive to ideas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please incorporate the magic wand. It is one of the most useful tools from Photoshop and has been for 20 years! Saves file sizes by not having to add layers. Also saves steps. Certainly far from bloating the program. I'm trying to incorporate all my finished work thru my iPad now and this would be so welcomed. I think the only other thing really missing that could really be great is a levels option so there's at least one color correct option so there's no need to edit in PS. Pretty please! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Magic Wand / Quick Selection tools are a must; I use those and Dodge / Burn tools every time I use Photoshop and so must be in Fresco if you want me to use. You can't leave that out guys, come on. So far, as an illustrator on my new iPad Pro 12.9" with Fresco (after having used Ps on MacBook Pro 13" for 4 years) I am loving Fresco, but I need those tools moved over from Ps. Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Magic wand tool, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally my biggest issue with these apps is that they all lack the features of each other.. So I'm constantly having to export, save, and then re-open files across PS, Fresco & Illustrator (and Spark for that matter, but that's slightly different at least), and then go back again to whichever app I was first using. 

I'm not asking for illustrator pen in PS, or Fresco brushes in Illustrator, but just basic features that means I don't have to swap constantly between them as it's super annoying.

In a way it'd almost be better if you could just switch app within one larger app - have a tab at the top to quickly switch your open PS project to Fresco etc. without having to save and close apps. Maybe it's harder for me because I save on iCloud rather than CC, but I only do that because CC takes literal minutes to even register any change between apps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 / Magic Wand would be very helpfull, instead of having to make an extra layer & lock transparancy to paint inside a specific area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes pleeeease add a magic wand tool!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it most odd that there is not a magic wand selection tool ... so odd that I wonder if you're having problems incorporating one ..?  Adobe selection automation and 'perfection' in PS for example is a regular feature and so I cannot understand the Adobe response here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to second that.

magic wand or even better the object selection, would help me sososo much.

If I want to draw on a specific picture and have it imported, I need the option to have parts of it selected quickly.

Right now I need to draw my selection, which is a nice feature to edit a selection, but takes forever, compared to one tap with object selection or magic wand.

please add object selection and wagic wand to adobe fresco!

to everyone who feels the feat. should be in: write a comment, pls?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be a little more patient.  Magic Wand is coming reeeeeeeeeeally soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines