• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Max file size and max number of layers?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the max file size in Adobe Fresco? And how many levels can be added to a file?

TOPICS
Layers , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019
Sylvia. On that device your max file size would be 8K x 8K with an unlimited number of layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi silviab22958595,

I don't think I quite understand your question here. 

The max file size depends on the complexity of your drawing. Can you explain a bit more on what do you refer 'levels' as? 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, I'm very sorry for my poor English, I'll try to rephrase! Here's what I meant. What is the max dimension in pixels when creating a new drawing? Is there a limited number of layers that a drawing can contain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi silviab22958595, Its fine. There is no limit for layers as such as far as I know. But I'll ask Sue here to confirm more on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, I have a similar question for Adobe Fresco regarding animation layers. A typical Looney Tune cartoon was 12 frames per second. That's 720 frames per minute. A 15 minute animation would have 10,800 frames. Or layers.

If I were to buy an M1 IPad Pro...how much memory and ram should I get? I know it depends on detail of each layer...but are there some ballpark numbers or am I thinking correctly? I don't have an unlimited budget, otherwise I would just buy extreme and see where it maxes out. Thanks if you can give some guidance or clarity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I would not suggest you create 10,800 layers in a single Fresco project. As it will immensely increase the size, loading & editing time of the project. You may divide and conquer strategy here. Create small projects, export them and later combine the animation clips in Premiere Pro/ Rush or any other similar app. As you are going to do highly intensive tasks, I would suggest you get a 16GB RAM version M1 iPad.

Note: Only 1 TB or 2 TB storage configuration has 16GB RAM. I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Silvia. 

Maximum canvas size is device dependent. Which iPad are you using?

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue. I'm using an iPad pro 11"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sylvia. On that device your max file size would be 8K x 8K with an unlimited number of layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, I have a similar question for Adobe Fresco regarding animation layers. A typical Looney Tune cartoon was 12 frames per second. That's 720 frames per minute. A 15 minute animation would have 10,800 frames. Or layers.

If I were to buy an M1 IPad Pro...how much memory and ram should I get? I know it depends on detail of each layer...but are there some ballpark numbers or am I thinking correctly? I don't have an unlimited budget, otherwise I would just buy extreme and see where it maxes out. Thanks if you can give some guidance or clarity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue, I would like files larger than 8k. A lot of print sites are looking for 1600k.  can I import my vectors to illustrator or photoshop and make larger? I'm assuming I can do this with vectors only, not anything with brushes applied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How large are you needing to print? 8000 pixels will print to 27" easily at close to 300 dpi and could be pushed larger. 1600k would print to about 444 feet, which is a little larger than I expect you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines