• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My vector art gets darker after exporting to pdf

Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a vector drawing in Adobe Fresco on my ipad. When viewing on the ipad, the lines are very fine and look exactly as I want them to. I exported as a pdf and sent the file to my computer. When viewing this same file on Adobe Acrobat Pro and Illustrator, the artwork looks very dark. It's as if my line work got thicker in the process or something. I have tried sizing the artwork on my computer exactly to the size on the ipad and the two drawings look very different. You can see in the screen shot examples attached. What is happening here? How can I fix this? 

TOPICS
Cross-product , Publish & export , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to reproduce this issue.

There's a couple of things to consider though. Fresco creates shapes rather than Vector lines, and some settings in Fresco may not save out properly into PDF or when exported and opened in Illustrator. 

Have you used any masking, or adjustment layers in the Fresco image?

Is this the first time you have had the drawing look so different?

Could it be a brightness/contrast setting on the computer which makes it look much darker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your response. There are no masking or adjustment layers used on this drawing.

This is actually the first time I've created a vector drawing in Fresco and attempted to save to pdf.

I don't think it could be a brightness/contrast setting, because I can view the screenshot from the ipad on my computer and it doesn't get darker. 

Very frustrating... All that time spent drawing this and I feel like I will never be able to take it off my ipad unless I figure this out 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issue saving my fresco vector file then opening inAi on iPad. The only way vectors come into Ai on iPad is saving as a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you're looking at the file on your monitor?  Its entirely possible that its due to the calibration of your monitor.  Have you tried opening the PDF on your iPad? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, that's a very interesting point! I transferred the pdf back over to the ipad and opened it in Acrobat. The image is not displaying correcting on the ipad either, unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines