• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

oil brush with less impasto

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am a professionnal illustrator and teacher in an art scool in Paris, France and I have come across this app. It has very powerfull features.

- I only wish the penccil could react more to tilting and be less pixelated (the texture is very present).

- Also, and this is my biggest question, can the oil brushes have less impasto or can it be managed or are there some preeset oils with less impasto available to download? It is a nice effect but it would be very usefull in a professionnal use to have also oil brushes that are more subtile effect so clients are not so worried about the effect. Maybe it already exists? Or maybe there is a way to lower the effect of impasto? It is very important for client work. Right now, I have a subscription but can't really use Fresco for my work, only for fun.

- Last thing, it' drives me crazy that the app "forgets" the settings of a brush everytime I launch it. Ther should abb solutly be a way to save the settings of a brush to a special pannel like "tool preset". Total waste of time…

Best regardsto developpers and other users, Olivier

TOPICS
Live brushes , Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you tap on the icon at the bottom left looks like lines with circles and a brush you will have the ability to change a few features of the brush. This might help with the appearance of the thickness of paint with oils. I'm assuming that is what you mean by impasto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Sjaani for your answer. yes I was meaning thikness of paint with oils by "impasto". 🙂 Honnestly, I have tried my best to change those settings and I can't really find a way to do that. Although I keep the brush settings open all the time and try to mess with the settings all the time. I have a hard time understanding how pression dynamic and speed dynamic can have influence on the thickness of paint. So the tool is amazing but if I wan't to control, I don't know how. Do you what settings are best for that purpose? Also, I feel it is not possible to charge other realistic oil brushes from Adobe? Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's probably some tutorals out there,  have you adjusted the flow or paint mix,  to see if that would help with that?  They're the live brushes you're asking about, right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Yes lowering the flow helps. Honnestly, we should be able to save settings of brushes as new brushes. Setting the brush all the time is complicate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines