• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Omit a layer when exporting a Timelapse?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, all. I'm trying to use Fresco's Timelapse Export feature as part of an animated intro to a simple video project I'm working on. My goal is to essentially show a line drawing being created, then fading that artwork away to show the photo on which it was based. And sadly, I am not a good enough artist freehand to accurately recreate the photo without tracing said photo as a visible layer beneath my drawing layer.

What I would love is to be able to trace the photo, but then export the final product without the photo layer present. I fear that the answer to my question is either "pray that Adobe expands the functionality of the Timelapse export function to include what you're suggetsing" or "get better at freehand drawing so you can draw the scene without needing to trace the photo." But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask the community if this was already possible, and I just haven't figured out the proper option or setting. 

TOPICS
Layers , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your second paragraph sums the situation up nicely!

I expect the removal of a single layer in the way you're hoping would be quite difficult.

Might be achievable by someone who knows how to use After Effects, but definitely not a feature in Fresco or the creation of a Timelapse video. Or as mentioned elsewhere for a different app, you could turn your bottom layer on, then off to draw a bit then back on, etc then edit in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Used to work in the past with Vector Paint in After Effects before they deprecated it.
Today the easiest option would be using Procreate on the ipad, which has the hidden reference layer option that will not export in timelapse even if visible while working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines