• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Performance] Fresco on iPad - Send to Illustrator Desktop not working

Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there standard troubleshooting steps we can take when the connection between Fresco on the iPad cannot use Publish and export > Open a copy to Illustrator on the desktop? I've had these issues for several days. Here is what I've tried so far:

On iPad: restarting Fresco, Creative Cloud, and other Adobe Apps, restarting the iPad

On desktop: restarting Adobe Illustrator, quitting and restarting Creative Cloud, restarting the computer

I checked all internet connections are working, devices on same network, bluetooth working. All apps are up to date.

Fresco always shows "document sent," but nothing happens on the desktop.

I signed out of Creative Cloud and signed back in - send to desktop worked once, and it opened many copies as if they were in the queue waiting to open on the desktop. The same thing happened when I shut down and restarted my computer, I got many copies asking to be opened, and I opened some. The next time I tried to use Send a copy from the iPad, nothing happened on the desktop.

I have been able to open a copy on the iPad version of Illustrator reliably and save it to a Cloud document to open on the desktop, but this is a cumbersome workaround. I'm having no issues with cloud documents syncing.

What could I be missing here? Thanks!

Laura

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Cross-product , Performance , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your desktop Windows 10 or 11? Mine is 10 and it is working for me.

Do you have multiple computers? Could it be trying to open on a Laptop when you're expecting it to open elsewhere?

For me the option used to open the app now I find that if I open the app it will open a panel giving me options of how I want to open the Fresco file. If Illustrator is already open on the desktop the same panel with options will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Laura Coyle.,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the following steps and checking if it helps:

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sjaani I forgot to mention that I'm on a MacBook Pro M1 with OS 13.1, sorry!

@Anubhav Majumder I followed your steps, uninstalled and reinstalled the Creative Cloud desktop app and the problem persists. I can send from iPad Fresco to Illustrator, but when sending to the laptop, I get the blue notification in the upper right corner of Fresco that it was sent, but nothing happens in Illustrator.

iPad is in iOS 15.7, and Illustrator is 27.1.1 I've not updated to the latest because I didn't want to interrupt my workflow, but I'll report back when I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines