• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

paint bucket Fill leaving a gap how to fix this?

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been drawing with the vector brush.. and i am using the paint bucket to fill in different color.. but when i do that... it leaves an outline between the vector brush and the fill i did.. and i been look for 2 days on youtube and stuff but can't find this being addressed..  ( also is it possbile for me to fill in the color in another layer )  (i don't want to manually lasso everything )

TOPICS
Layers , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Hi Gavin.

This outline is caused by antialiasing artifacts when two objects have near identical edges. It has to do with the threshold an app uses to compare colors and is more noticeable when the two objects are close in color. 

It does work to put a layer underneath and fill the gap area with the same color but  it's best tackled by using the Color margin slider. Here's a screenshot showing where that is:

ColorMargin.png

Hope that helps.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gavin.

This outline is caused by antialiasing artifacts when two objects have near identical edges. It has to do with the threshold an app uses to compare colors and is more noticeable when the two objects are close in color. 

It does work to put a layer underneath and fill the gap area with the same color but  it's best tackled by using the Color margin slider. Here's a screenshot showing where that is:

ColorMargin.png

Hope that helps.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that option? 

Photo Oct 02, 4 14 10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zoicnoz. 

My apologies, I just reread your post.... the Color margin will only be active for Pixel fill. For vector fill. definitely place a layer underneath your current layer and fill with that gap with either of the colors you're using. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zoicnoz. 

My apologies, I just reread your post.... the Color margin will only be active for Pixel fill. For vector fill. definitely place a layer underneath your current layer and fill with that gap with either of the colors you're using. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Zoicnoz. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines