• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pan on Fresco Desktop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. I love love Fresco, I've been using it on my iPad Pro for a long time and was so excited to see the desktop version. I have a Wacom Cintiq 16 and it is smooth as butter to draw in Fresco, however I can't figure out how to pan around the document. I looked in the app settings and I can only find how to pan with finger gestures which my Cintiq doesn't have.

The canvas isn't centered on the board it's off to the left, and I can't find any info on how to pan with the mouse or a keyboard shortcut. I can use the MMB to zoom on the document, but without panning it's just zooming on the corner. Pressing and holding MMB draws on the canvas.

Thanks for any help in advance.

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Hi Apple.

Glad you're loving Fresco.

Unfortunately, right now there is currently no easy way to pan. The team is working on adding stylus support for this functionality but it is not yet in the app.  If you're using a touch-enabled device  you can move around the image using your fingers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same question. Is there no hand tool for Fresco on Desktop version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Apple.

Glad you're loving Fresco.

Unfortunately, right now there is currently no easy way to pan. The team is working on adding stylus support for this functionality but it is not yet in the app.  If you're using a touch-enabled device  you can move around the image using your fingers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sue thanks for the clarification. It's no inconvenience at all I will continue to use the iPad app for now. ☺️ 

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not wanting to sound like an Apple fan,  but Fresco is the best on the iPad 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree, I've never experienced anything like the iPad and Apple Pencil together. My OCD (diagnosed) prevents me from being able to pick up the iPad a lot of the time because I end up spending more time cleaning the screen over and over again, as it picks up everything in the atmosphere, and my fingerprints even with the gloves the swipe marks. It's a weird 'me' thing all the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like Procreate for the iPad, but that said, I almost never draw on the iPad. The screen is way too small. Like the original poster, I mostly draw on a Cintiq, which means I can't zoom or pan in Fresco. My solution has been to start drawings in Fresco and then take the image over to Clip Studio Paint to tighten it up and add detail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so sad. Without pan and zoom (and canvas rotate) this app is completely useless for desktop. Lets hope this gets addressed first hand (pun inteded).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed. this is madness. why even offer the program without this function? it seems so simple and easy to implement too which baffles me the most. i wouldn't be surprised if it was something as simple as an afternoon's work like when some less scrupulous game developers claim female models are expensive to animate when it turns out if you have the male skeleton already it barely takes a couple hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i AGREE TENGO UNA WACOM ONE Y NO LA PUEDO USAR-.... ES UNA LÁSTIMA POR FAVOR ARREGLEN EL PROBLEMA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a zoom, and pan, and rotation and all the mod-cons, but either using standard keyboard and the keyboard shortcuts, or use a graphic tablet with express keys and assign those shortcuts to the express keys. Pan works with the space bar, zoom with Ctrl and +/- and rotate with the R shortcut.

All of those keyboard shortcuts can be found in the help files (within the app) or just click here: Fresco on desktop cheat sheet as I made a cheat sheet available for everyone.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sue,

Is there now a solution, one year and a half later, to use a pan function with the Wacom One tablet ?

Thank you,

Lory-Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very saddened by this. Had to sell my only touchscreen device to fix my laptop, then come to find this out the hard way. Looking forward to a fix. I'd suggest using the arrow keys or a hand option as there is in the Photoshop UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You simply cannot do so at this time.  I have a Wacom tablet, the Intuos Pro, which is also great for Fresco but one cannot pan at all with it.  Too bad.  It essentially renders the program useless for a number of tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tasks is it useful for? I can't understand how this isn't a tool. I can zoom in to do detail work, but only on part of the image. I can't zoom in on any other part of the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to pan.  You have to use the move tool but drag from outside the  rectangle and it will pan. Discovered by mistake. It was clearly not their intention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this, it's a good workaround. Panning really is a necessary feature and I'd love to see it added soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Also of note, for this workaround to work, you can't have any locked or hidden layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER! I really want to make livestreams with Fresco on the PC and my heart almost stops when I discovered there was no hand tool. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Pan is using the spacebar keyboard shortcut which you can set up as an express key on the wacom, and you can use other moving tools like "rotae" all the keyboard shortcuts are listed under "app settings" > "help" where you can see touch shortcuts paraameters, Keyboard shorts (cannot be changing as of today) and have a list of all the avaiable gestures for Ipad/tablets users.

For windows users: Be sure "windows Ink" us enabled in your graphic tablet settings.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the typos, The page doesn't let me edit the message 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it worked for a second an than stopped. it also made prush pressure more "fine" an sensitive (for that second) it seems to be buggy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol I was just about to respond to this thread that you have to hold space while you move around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone is interested, here is a breakdown of all the keyboard shortcuts for Fresco on Windows
https://ko-fi.com/album/Adobe-Fresco-ressources-F1F05EYYR
click on the image to open the pop up with the download link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really upsetting that the new update to Fresco did not solve this problem. Why should it just be exclusive to designers with touch screens? We all pay good money to have the creative suite and expect it to function correctly. Really disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines