• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste Remembers Layer won't work with Fresco Vector Drawings

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you transfer Fresco files to Illustrator you cannot make individual layers into shapes, or join any paths and when you try to copy and paste elements into a different file, "Paste Remembers Layers" does not work and your paths and compound paths from all of your previous layers are all jumbled up. Is there something I am missing or a way to fix this? I just want a way to transfer my vector drawings and use them in illustrator, but when you send them, it ends up being a big mess.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco does not create true Vector, it creates shapes so when imported to Illustrator it will definitely appear different to your expectations. If you're looking for a Vector app on the iPad are you able to switch to Illustrator on the iPad? The transfer across to the desktop app is much more accurate that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sjaani,

I have tried Illustrator for iPad, but it isn't the same as drawing in Draw or Fresco. It is stiffer and does have a lot of the features that make for a more natural or useful drawing app. I was kind of under the impression that, with the deletion of Draw, Fresco would be able to fill that void, but I'm kind of lost on how to use it now (it's not quite Photoshop, but its not quite Illustrator). 

Any chance that you know a way to convert those shapes into true vectors in Illustrator? Or anyway to make those assets a bit more workable once they are in Illustrator. Any info is good info!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using pixel brushes at all in your drawing?  Because if you're using anything that's not a vector brush in Fresco, if you import it somewhere else, its not going to save things as Vector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using only the vector brushes in Fresco, not raster brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines