Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure not working in Fresco

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

As said in the title, my pen pressure don't work in Fresco, and I don't know how to resolve this problem.

I got the same problem in Photoshop. but I find a solution by creating a "PSUserConfig.txt" file in my "...\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings" folder with this line in it :
# Use WinTab UseSystemStylus 0 WarnRunningScripts 0

Do you know if there an equivalent solution for Fresco ? Or an another way ? I did try to desactivate windows Ink (not really sure if I was successful at that), but I got no good result.

I'm on windows 10, using a Huion Kamvas. Drivers for the tablet, and the graphic cards are up to date.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Device , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked with Huion what sort of compatibility they expect you to have with their product on Adobe apps. Not saying it's not something Adobe shouldn't be looking into just wondering what the hardware provider expects as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly.  I'd also check to ensure that his tablet driver is up to date as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this happens over many years since Microsoft introduced Windows Ink, it happens with all Wacom tablets I owned over the years (I mean more than a decade now) and this simple problem is overlooked by Adobe. 
I have been using the "PSUserConfig.txt"  with the UseSystemStylus 0 in it for as long as I remember.
Now I am here because just like the original poster I want to know what is the equivalent procedure to make Fresco work in windows with pen pressure. I have 3 computers here with different windows versions, Win10 20h2, Win10 22h2, windows 11, 2 different Wacom tablets and 1 Huion Kamvas pro 16 display tablet, updated drivers and updated Adobe apps, and guess what? Pen pressure does not work in any of them in Photoshop, regular or Beta if I dont put the "PSUserConfig.txt" in the "...\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop XXX\Adobe Photoshop XXXX Settings" folder.  Krita works just fine, Zbrush as well, Blender too. This is not Wacom, Huion, or Microsoft's fault, this is an Adobe problem for more than a decade. Just put a button somewhere to switch SystemStylus on and off and solve this issue... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Andre35225264ex8i,

Thank you for reaching out to us about the pen pressure issue in Adobe Fresco. We understand the frustration, and we're here to assist you. Firstly, we appreciate the detailed information you provided regarding your setup and the steps you've taken.

To further investigate and address the problem, could you please share the following details:

1. Your operating system, including build number and version of Fresco.
  2. Check the app settings under Stylus pressure – does the stroke thickness change with stronger pressure?
  3. Specify if the issue occurs with a specific brush or all brushes.
  4. Have you tried performing a clean reinstallation of the Wacom tablet driver?
  5. Check if your work is synced online (https://adobe.ly/3SJ8bBf) and try resetting Fresco.

Additionally, we recommend trying the troubleshooting steps provided by Wacom for pen pressure issues (https://adobe.ly/3UHzEpz).

Also, ensure that your OS and Fresco are up to date by following these links:
Update Windows (https://adobe.ly/3uQ5NR7)
Creative Cloud Updates (https://adobe.ly/49kbnug).

We are committed to resolving this issue for you and appreciate your cooperation.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem... bufff... Adobe, please... This is basic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right? This happens over many years since Microsoft introduced Windows Ink, it happens with all Wacom tablets I owned over the years (I mean more than a decade now) and this simple problem is overlooked by Adobe. 
I have been using the "PSUserConfig.txt"  with the UseSystemStylus 0 in it for as long as I remember.
Now I am here because just like the original poster I want to know what is the equivalent procedure to make Fresco work in windows with pen pressure. I have 3 computers here with different windows versions, Win10 20h2, Win10 22h2, windows 11, 2 different Wacom tablets and 1 Huion Kamvas pro 16 display tablet, updated drivers and updated Adobe apps, and guess what? Pen pressure does not work in any of them in Photoshop, regular or Beta if I dont put the "PSUserConfig.txt" in the "...\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop XXX\Adobe Photoshop XXXX Settings" folder.  Krita works just fine, Zbrush as well, Blender too. This is not Wacom, Huion, or Microsoft's fault, this is an Adobe problem for more than a decade. Just put a button somewhere to switch SystemStylus on and off and solve this issue... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same problem. Pen pressure was working great yesterday and all of a sudden it stopped working in Fresco. My tablet drivers are up to date and the pressure is working in the Huion app but not in Fresco now. Was hoping there would be a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what device are you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem.

i updated fresco today (3/20/2022). 

in the pressure sensivity adjust section, both light and heavy give the same result with no variance.

i have a huion Kamvas 16pro4kplus

when using the huion app (i have the latest, Driver_15.5.1.390) i can adjust the sensitivity and see the changes

pressure sensitivty works with photoshop, 

chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try enable windows ink, this worked for me... but... now when I hold ctrl it draws even when my pen isnt on my tablet -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows ink is indeed what it needs. 

For me what worked since windows ink interferes with other programs like browsing etc i have windows ink turned off for everything except adobe programs. fresco is harder to find on the pc as it is a hidden file, if you turn on show hidden files you can find it here (i solved this thanks to another thread where they were looking for the source file for a different reason so credits to the finder!) ) 
C:\Users\COMPUTERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
YOU NEED TO MAKE HIDDEN FILES VISIBLE

you can then use this path in your tablet mapping properties to specifically turn on for fresco if the menu allows for specific turn on or off of windows ink  (and others).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember that thread! 😉

Imaginerie_1-1670868902701.png

I have an XP pen, and here is how it looks on the settings. The Windows ink tick box should be on each App/program tab so people can decide what works best according to their needs and the relevant program.

I suppose the same thing exists in the Huion settings as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha awesome good to see the original finder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about photoshop, but in fresco pc, there seems to be brushes that pressure not working, and brush with pressure working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I thought windows pen would be unnecessary, but it was necessary....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, while MOST of Photoshop brushes are compatible, there are some where the set of features don't translate fully.
You'll have to test them.
I have noticed that with some I've created myself (although that's very rare). But anything that belongs to the legacy set of brushes (erodible etc..) and some mixer brushes have to be taken with a grain of salt in Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines