• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pencil tilt problem

Engaged ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the pencil tilt only works in one direction, I think this is a bug. When you angle the Apple Pencil, the pencil line should get thicker like a real pencil does on paper. This only works in Fresco in one direction; I have to rotate the paper 90 degrees to get a thicker line. This isn't how it's supposed to work. It's the angle of the pencil that matters, not the direction of the paper.

im using the first generation pencil and a 2nd Gen 12.9 iPad Pro.

TOPICS
Device , Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: just checked this on procreate and the tilt works properly, so it's not a hardware or general iPad problem. Must be fresco. I'm sure it used to work normally otherwise I would have noticed sooner. It's a real issue as it affects my entire workflow. It's like drawing with a broken pencil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colby. 

Sorry about this. We're aware of the issue and are releasing a fix for it in the next update, which should be available in just a few days.

Keep an eye out for that update in the AppStore.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ColbyFulton,

We just released an update fixing this issue. Kindly update and let us know if it fixes the issue you are facing. 

Regards,
Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tilt doesn't work at all. Newest iPad Pro and newest pencil. Just downloaded Fresco recently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm still having this issue, just as described by OP.

Using the current latest iPad Pro, and latest Apple Pencil. But it was also happening on my second gen iPad Pro and gen 1 Apple Pencil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue. I want to use fresco but its broken. When you hold your pen at 90 degree its behave like tilted, if you tilt your pen then it behave like its not tilted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines