Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressure settings for Grungy Inker pen?

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pen: Grungy Inker

Question: how do I make it more sensitive to pressure? Right now, it takes a fair amount of pressure to make a mark. I just want it to respond without having to apply as much pressure. Thanks.

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Hi Bobtem. 

Have you tried messing around with the pressure settings? When I test this pen, I do notice that the smaller I make it the more pressure it requires but it also seems to respond quite well to small Shape Dynamics adjustments. 

* First double-check your Pressure Sensitivity settings (tap the gear icon in the upper nav of the Home screen then from the menu Input > Apple Pencil > Pressure Sensitivity) and see if that makes a diffference. 

* Also mess around with the Brush Settings (

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobtem. 

Have you tried messing around with the pressure settings? When I test this pen, I do notice that the smaller I make it the more pressure it requires but it also seems to respond quite well to small Shape Dynamics adjustments. 

* First double-check your Pressure Sensitivity settings (tap the gear icon in the upper nav of the Home screen then from the menu Input > Apple Pencil > Pressure Sensitivity) and see if that makes a diffference. 

* Also mess around with the Brush Settings (tap the slider icon at the bottom of the Tool Options panel and from the menu that launches tap on Shape Dynamics) and see if changes to those settings are useful.

Let me know if either of those produce a noticeable change. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me exactly which items under “shape dynamics" would effect the pressure settings? And why isn’t there just a setting that simply says “more pressure, less pressure”? The settings interface for the brushes is needlessly convoluted beyond any practical usefulness for the lay person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bobtem. The Shape Dynamics brush settings are confusing to me as well; they are based on the settings in Photoshop (https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/photoshop-brushes/brush-dynamics/shape-dynamics/). I can try to help, but a couple of questions: How are you using the brush (e.g. drawing or writing)? And, what size is it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using it simply as a sketching implement, size 10. Currently I really have to press firmly to get ink down on the paper, and takes several reapplications to fill in the stoke, as it is somewhat broken up at first. Yes, I suppose, I could just begin by pressing harder, but it feels unnatural

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bobtem. Some of the default brushes are designed for larger strokes/stamping and actually work better at larger sizes but this brush was actually working quite well for me at 8 so let me check my settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Bobtem. Sorry for taking so long to post again. I was trying to use this pen as you were using it (to lightly sketch) and could not get a good result. So I dropped a note to Kyle asking for a bit more information about this particular drawing tool. This is what he told me: That brush is not designed to be used at that size and won't work well, no matter the settings.It won't improve things much but he could try reducing the required pressure needed by increasing the flow (in the open drawing it's the square of color in the Tool Option panel) to 100% and also make sure that Pressure Sensitivity for your Pencil is set to light (from the Home screen tap the Gear icon then in App Settings choose Input > Apple Pencil). I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines