Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing to large canvas

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Does anyone know if it is possible to export a piece of artwork from Fresco and then print it to a canvas or print using a print on demand service? When I try to do it, it says the resolution is too low.

TOPICS
Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you set up the print size initially so that it would be 300 ppi or did you leave the default settings which would make it 72 ppi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I left it default at 72 ppi. Does that mean my resolution will remain low, or can I retroactively change the artwork?  Going forward, would you recommend I always set to 300 ppi?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know you want to print I would definitely always raise the ppi. You should be able to save a custom size with the ppi raised so you only have to do that once.

I've not tried changing the ppi after creating an image so can't answer that part. Try it and see what happens so we know for future reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it is possible to print to a canvas with Fresco? I keep reading articles that say there is no 'canvas' option, and I am unsure as to what they mean (I'm new to the whole digital art thing). I wanted to print to canvas paper, but don't know how. Is it possible then? This is the only question I've found asking what I'm looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines