Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Fresco Vector Drawings and Simplify Tool in Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 problems with Fresco:

1. When I airdrop a vector file created in Fresco on my ipad to my mac, there are thousands of anchor points. After using Simplify in Fresco, the anchor points are arranged randomly, sometimes up to 20 or so on top of each other or beside each other, then long gaps on the path before others appear.  How can you control/adjust the placement of anchor points on the path so they don't stacked or butt up? This takes a long time to grow through the anchor and simply/arrange manually.

2. I had two simple line drawings created in Fresco using vector tool and airdropped as pdfs to my mac. One had over 9,000 anchor points when brought into ai and the other had over 10, 000. I was able to simply the smaller file, but the larger one would cause ai to hang up and I've had to force quit every time. I can't seem to simply this drawing. Why? My mac is a 2019 mac book pro, 16", and os is Catalina 10.15.6.  Please explain how to fix both of these problems, as I need to be able to first, simplify my vectors drawings in Fresco and second, not have to edit all the anchors even after simplifying.  Thank you.

TOPICS
How-to , Performance , Publish & export , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the moment the vector brushes in Fresco creates shapes rather than true vector lines which you would get from a pen tool. So this is the reason you're seeing lots of anchor points when opened in Illustrator.

I don't think there is a work around for this, but I hope once Illustrator is available for the iPad that the true 'pen' technology is incorporated into the saved Vector from Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines