• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Blend" brush blending mode in Fresco, what is it?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See title.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this to a more appropriate Fresco forum.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco has a Smudge tool or Mixer brushes are either of these the tools you're questioning? Can you give more detail regarding exactly what your question is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have blending modes on layers, and then you have blending mode on brushes. I'm talking about the blending modes on brushes.

At the bottom of the options available for the – I use the pencil – brush tool, there's a new blending mode called "blend".

I understand the – sometimes niche – applications of the other blending modes. What was the thought process behind the blend brush blending mode specificaly? What problems is it designed to solve? Why isn't there a matching blending mode for the layer blending ones?

It seems to be a worse version of the normal blending mode, is blend a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops sorry. I responded, then reread the question and realized I wasn't answering the question asked. Can't seem to delete my message, so I'll just leave this apology 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem with difference is that the proportions on the color wheel are not based on human sight so using cmd u sliders doesn't yield clean results.

Tried to get a consulting fee for pointing out the obvious a few years back but...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines