• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shapes tool, import capture iOS?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried researching and a post here said to use the shapes tool to insert an SVG I have in Capture. Thing is I don't see that button on the iPhone version.

If I import from the library like usual, it does not import as an SVG. This seems very basic but I'm very frustrated how bad this is going.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Hi Cody,

You are right, placed SVG files (as well as other assets) from Creative Cloud Libraries come in as image layers, which can be converted to pixel layers. I don't see any way around that.

If you prefer working with your shapes in vector, you need to switch to Adobe Illustrator, which isn't available on the iPhone, only iPad (or obviously desktop). Fresco is more geared towards painting vs vector drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cody,

You are right, placed SVG files (as well as other assets) from Creative Cloud Libraries come in as image layers, which can be converted to pixel layers. I don't see any way around that.

If you prefer working with your shapes in vector, you need to switch to Adobe Illustrator, which isn't available on the iPhone, only iPad (or obviously desktop). Fresco is more geared towards painting vs vector drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'll grab an iPad and illustrator. In most capacities, a phone is not enough anyways. Just getting into vector art. It's been a long time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines