• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Significant Lag. Making me sad.

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. My beloved and trusty Fresco has become extremely frustrating. About every 5 minutes, the app stops working for about 10-15sec. It doesn't "recover" and catch up with the brush strokes I've made during that time, it just like won't respond for a bit. Since I mostly use pixel brushes, that's when it's most evident and frustrating and very interruptive to say the least.  Couple things...

This happened regardless if I'm online or off. 

I'm
 using an IPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen (late 2018) and using Apple Pencil. 

I have over 200GB free space. 

Admittedly, the file is large: 6.25in x 10.125in at 600ppi. (3975 x 6075) Need it for professional quality. 

It's file size is around 350mb. Which is actually nothing: my last piece was the same pixel size as above and 900mb, and it never once lagged. It's smooth like butter, (I opened it up today and played around on it to be sure.) BUT, that file had around 30 layers. My current file in which this issue is occurring (again, around 350mb) has about 65 layers. All of the layers for both docs are pixel layers. 

Could the presence of more layers be more draining and create lag more so then a file that is double the MB?

Would love thoughts, I'm getting a bit frustrated. 

TOPICS
Layers , Performance , Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this up, apologies for that. Anyone have any thoughts? Much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious as well. I'll have like three layers open and it doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Fresco on my iPad and it's back to being speedy. I lost my favorites though, there might be a way to export settings if you want to retain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How big are the brushes are you using?  That can create lagging due to the size of a brush.  I mean, I can do a brush set at 30 no problem, but if its over 250,  its going to lag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines