• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slooooooooow Apple pen in Fresco

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got my apple 1 pen and newest generation iPad 10.5 and am having issues with the pen while using Fresco. Because the pen lags so much, I have to go really really - and I mean REALLY - slow when even making a simple line. At this speed it’s impossible to even consider using it for note taking or writing of ANY kind. I’ve tried to adjust the settings and nothing seems to work. I’m using Fresco for iPads, both the iPad and pen have 100% full battery, and are paired correctly - Nothing can change the speed of the pen!! I bought these items to draw with and it’s faster for me to use a touchpad than this dang pen! I’m ready to return this apple pen and get a $10 replacement if it will be faster. Is there a known issue w/ apple pens and Fresco? Is this just some sneaky way Adobe tricks you into buying the full creative suite instead of the “free” Fresco - by forgetting to tell you that Fresco is 20x slower than illustrator or photoshop??

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't speak for Adobe and their intentions.

On the left toolbar there is a squiggly line, this controls smoothing, if that is up at 100% the lag looks really bad. Drop the % down on smoothing and the lag is not an issue. This is a known problem and the above solution is a workaround given by Adobe staff on other threads. As for when a fix might be available... that's anyone's guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines