• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some layers of paintings made in Fresco become uneditable

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the layers of the Paintings that I made in Adobe Fresco and exported as .PSD to my computer are now no more editable within Adobe Fresco when imported. These layers have a PSD icon. How to rectify this or prevent this from happening?

TOPICS
Import , Layers , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do all work necessary in Fresco before sending and editing in psd? Definitely could be a bug or an issue for the developers to work on fixing, but I'm thinking if you can streamline your workflow to not have to go back and forth between two apps that should solve the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, my entire workflow is within Fresco only. I exported the file from Ipad to laptop in .psd format because of storage shortage in my ipad. I was hoping that the live brush effects of Fresco would remain editable in the .psd format, so that i could later edit my paintings, but discovered that this is not so. Simply exporting and then importing the painting in .psd format makes some of the layers uneditable (like ones using live brush feature).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there anything that you did to those layers?  Any filters or masks? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I did not do anything to the file. I exported the file in .psd format from my ipad to laptop because of storage shortage in my ipad. Afterwards, I imported one of the paintings back into the ipad, and tried to edit it, but was unable to. The painting used live brush feature (oil paint) in the fresco, and I had exported the file in .psd hoping that the live brush effect will remain editable should I want to modify the painting in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines