• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync issues between Fresco and Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently discovered Fresco after years of using Photoshop on a desktop for digital art and have been thrilled with this app -- I even purchased a new iPad Pro and have been loving it. I have experienced some glitches syncing files with Adobe Cloud, but this morning things got especially weird.

I had a painting going that needed a bit of it transformed, so closed it in Fresco and opened it in the Photoshop app -- all on the iPad -- selected the area, transformed it, closed it (it saved) and gave things a minute for the blue arrow swirl to disappear before I opened it in Fresco again. The transformed area was unchanged, the same as it was before. Ok, no problem, I closed everything, relaunched the apps -- the transform showed in PS but not when I opened it in Fresco. Ok, so let's do a major rehaul -- I jumped off and on my wireless, uninstalled and reinstalled both apps -- same thing! I did keep getting syncing error messages, so I said ok, let time work it out, and so I opened the file in Fresco and finished painting it over the course of 40 minutes or so, then gave it a while to sync up.

Here's the weird bit: now, in Photoshop, the file shows the transform AND the 40 minutes of painting in Fresco.  But in Fresco, there's all the painting but still no transformed bit! And I can't transform it again in Photoshop because Photoshop shows it already transformed. What is happening?? 

As a longtime digital artist the whole instant swapping between apps sounded too good to be true so I honestly don't mind waiting for things to sync, but this is a little infuriating. Is the edit there or is it not? I was able to paint in Photoshop and see it show up in Fresco, but not the transform. Are some Photoshop edits limited to Photoshop? Any help on improving this process would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Cross-product , Performance , Syncing & Storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Di5.

I'm sorry. This does sound especially odd. 

A couple of things: 

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents do the edits show up there?

Also, it would be great if you would share this drawing with us. If you're okay with doing that, here's how:

* Go to the Cloud Documents screen in Fresco and tap on the ellipses icon (...) under the drawing.

* From the pop-up menu choose Share Link (make sure the toggle for "Allow save to Creative Cloud" is ON) and copy the link that's in that window.

* Please don't post that here but send it to me through Fresco's Report A Bug link (App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug) and just mention that you posted here.

Thanks for your help.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I submitted the file just now as bug report as you requested. The edit shows up in Photoshop on my laptop, but not when I click on the file in the online assets. I also keep getting sync conflicts and multiple copies of files -- maybe I am trying to open and close things too quickly?? I was also wondering if using the oil brushes interferes with Photoshop editing, that maybe it can't edit the Live Brush layers? But there was no warning! Just trying to figure this out -- I was very excited about the idea of switching back and forth between the two, especially to fix little things with Photoshop's transform tools. Fresco works a treat but every now and then you have to tug out just one corner of something. Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DI5

Thanks for the additional information, I'll pass it along to our engineers (who I've already spoken with about this). But I have not seen your email yet, which is unusual; I usually get them right away.  Would you send the link again?

Thanks for your time with this. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Sue! New iPad, I had to set up the email account to send the bug report -- it just went out now. Thanks again for looking into this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it this time DI5.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds exactly like the problem I am currently having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bonjour, je viens d'essayer de passer de Freso à PS sur mon iPad, ce que je remarque, que les temps de synchronisations sont beaucoup plus long si Fresco de et vers Cloud que les mêmes opérations depuis l'application PS sur iPad. Il semble que vos équipes ne se coorconnent pas pour amméliorer cet état qui dure depuis une année maintenant. N'y a-t-il pas chez Adobe de concertation, de routines communes pour tout ce qui est copie de et vers le Cloud ???? Merci de remédier très rapidement à ça sinon pas mal de personne vont abandonner Fresco.....

Pour moi, le lancement de la synchro de Cloud vers Fresco est longue et n'essessite 2 passage par la case Accueil pour s'inititialiser

Quand au calque Fresco "peinture à l'huile", si le fichier est ouvert dans PS et qu'on y applique une transformation géomètrique, Au retour dans Fresco, il est "tagué" PS et donc n'est plus un calque de type "Peinture" !

Si on applique une transformation dans Fresco à ce même calque, qu'on ouvre ce fichier dans PS mais on y touche pas, il est tagué FR dans PS, mais de retour dans Fresco, il est toujour de type peinture à l'huile.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines