• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The app crashes constantly (fresco)

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app simply doesn't work. EVERY single time I open a document the app crashes and when I do manage to open a canvas it closes after any type of selection. The brushes don't work either and adjusting their settings also triggers the crashes.

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Hi Als. 

Please write me at frescohelp at adobe dot com and give me as much device information as possible (device, os version, how much storage you have on it). 

Also, when you write me there, if you could attach a screen recording of the crash(es) that would also be really helpful. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hello @2ferocious@AnnMaria&Co@Ronal Wilfred29448562ce7c@Mael2997180377ri@Ungruntlebot@marke73287947,

Sorry for the delayed response, and thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Als. 

Please write me at frescohelp at adobe dot com and give me as much device information as possible (device, os version, how much storage you have on it). 

Also, when you write me there, if you could attach a screen recording of the crash(es) that would also be really helpful. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you put FRESCO in the search box and now working- I am SHOCKED I am reading notes from almost two yrs ago and all basically the same- I can use FRESCO on my iPad but to on my computer- brand new computer BTW- and I am a computer teacher- so yes to all your questions- I tried everything and am on hour two of trying to get it to run on my computer- this is ridiculous- and I pay the ransom monthly- Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Just bought a new drawing acer laptop.  It has all the bells and whistles and literally one program. Fresco. Crashes every time.  Tried a few free drawing programs and no problem.  Ran three of them at once just for giggles and still no problem.  Starting to think Fresco is a scam its so broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you getting any kind of alert when it crashes?  have you recorded a crash log at all? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing. Freezes up for a moment then closes completely. Once I open again it asks if I want to send a report, which I do.  Tried every change of settings, different stylus, updated every last bit of everything and no difference.

I can run the software, open a page, draw a few strokes, change color or pen size, draw again and after that if I try to hit any tool again it's done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will hop back in- I just now tried my FRESCO agian.

Same thing-it didn't even freeze- just a pop and gone!

I just attended a confernce with about 300 people last night with an artisit touting FRESCO on her iPad and in the chat others stating they can't use it on the computer. 

But I continue to pay monthly for something I can't use.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised you continue paying.  I am going to cancel unless I hear that something is happening. Seems like this has been a problem for years according to this comment thread so i doubt adobe is addressing it.  Had to argue with them just to have fresco and nothing else in my subscriptions and now that it doesn't work I guess i'll move on.  Adobe hasn't reported anything meaningful to address it despite all the complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It crashes near file synching. That's about the best clue I can give that others seem to miss. I had it paused because I was on low bandwidth, and when I turned it back on the time it took to crash extended by a few moment, now I at least almost get a chance to click on the error reporting tool before it's gone. Ryzen 5800 and Quadro RTX 4000. Worked wonderfully until the last update. I've got all the Windows and Nvidia updates I can find, and then some. There's an intrinsic incompatibilty with Win10 apparently, some little bit of code that got tweaked in Win11.

That's programming for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is 2023 and the same crash report from all over the place from as far back as 2019 is still an issue?
Thought I found something new to explore, but nah, I think I'll simply uninstall and move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like Fresco a lot, it gets the job done and produces nice results, but it can be frustratingly buggy, and the fact it's been that way for so long with no fixes from Adobe is super disappointing. I've found I have to treat it gently - no excessive touch input or it crashes, no touch input during document syncing or it crashes, no falling behind on graphics driver updates or it crashes. I guess I expected better from an Adobe product, especially after using Photoshop for years and loving it. I'm still giving it a chance, but the temptation to buy an iPad and Procreate gets stronger every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on a surface studio AND my surface pro6, both of which exceed the hardware requirements. As it happens on two of machines could it be to do with my account or cloud storage (only about 200mb used out of 100gb)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME!! surface. worked great yesterday! today i can't keep the damn app open!

above someone asked for screenshots of crashes... 1 can send 1 of the app open and another with no app showing on my taskbar. that's it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue - I was doing some work on fresco and I quite liked it but now it crashes every time - on start, after start, when I try to choose document size, when I try to type not standard document size... I can't even open my previous work!

Fresco was quite likely to crash before, but now it's some kind of dark joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I forgot to add: I tried to restart computer many times, as well as reinstalling fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It used to work just fine. Now, I can't get it to stay open for more than a few brushstrokes. Very disappointing!  What's up with this, Kyle Webster????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem, sometimes it works fine with say the pixel brushes but switch to blend mode or live brushes it will crash. I have been reading and gotten the log collector, making sure the program is up to date (along with my computer) and restarting my computer. I think it may have some play with how much space a project takes up but I am not sure. If someone could help me I would apprecate it 🙂

here is my some of my computer info if that helps:

Lenovo yoga 7i, 16 gb RAM, 512 gb SSD, using windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to figure out what I am doing when the app crashes. When it crashes, it is always when I am trying to open a file. Once the file is open, I can work on it BUT, sometimes I find layers missing.

I will see if your theory is true in my case:  maybe it has to do with what brushes are used. The missing layers are usually the ones that had work done with the live brushes. I didn't see a problem with files with only pixel brushes. So that tells me that Fresco doesn't want non-pixel brushes on pixel layers. 

Since this problem has been there for a long time, I am hoping that Adobe will give this priority. PhotoShop doesn't crash, but I really live the live paint brushes -- Kyle's Real Oil brushes don't have the build-up effect I like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have something significant to share:

If I have live oil or watercolor work on a pixel layer, then I will more likely have a crash when reloading the file. 

I never seem to have a problem with pixel brushes on pixel layer. 

So here is my approach going forward: 

1) If I am making a painting, I will create a new "general" layer and then delete the pixel layer. 

2) If I am making a sketch, I will keep the pixel layer and not add any oil or watercolor work on the file at all.

I will report my findings. Maybe someone will benefit or Adobe will see this as useful information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. When Fresco saves the file, it turned the regular layer into a pixel layer 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well,all other brushes are fine, but as soon as I try using live watercolour brushes, it crashes. Quite annoying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a response from Adobe and sent them some logs.

In the meantime, I am enjoying the Rebelle trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Jan 2022 and this app is repeatedly crashing on my computer. Every time I open it, it crashes immediately. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone,

I am a faithful PhotoShop & Lightroom Classic user. But, I gave up on Fresco. It doesn't seem that Adobe is really working on a solution for the Windows platform. I had one interaction with support, but that led nowhere. I think I provided enough information to lead them to a solution.

So, I am moving on to Rebelle 5. It is a superior product in every way. I hope Adobe takes this seriously at some point.

I will continue to use Photoshop and Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this isnt fixed within the month im definitely cutting my subscription off. This has been an issue for so long now. Thanks for an alternative if it doesnt work out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines