• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tip for palm rejection/undo troubles

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're like me, and you're finding yourself so frustrated with Fresco's palm-fueled Undo antics that you're in danger of throwing your iPad across the room, then give this a try. 

I've found that, much of the time, Undo gets triggered by slow placement of your hand on the surface of the tablet. It seems to read each different part of your hand as a separate touch, and two of those in quick succession will trigger an undo. If you put your hand down quickly, and with commitment, Fresco will usually ignore it. There are two problems with this: one, it's something you have to think about, which takes you out of your work, and two, it's not always successful. Earlier today, I put my hand down to start drawing and Fresco immediately undid 13 previous steps! Fortunately, I noticed before my Pencil touched the surface, so I didn't lose all those. In general, I figure that I have to re-draw about a third of the lines that I make in Fresco, because of its maddeningly bad palm rejection.

Anyway, give this a try if it's driving you bananas.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You have shared a great observation. I am sure it'll help.

Many users have supported the idea to be able to turn off the Undo gesture. You may also upvote and comment on the Adobe Fresco UserVoice link https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco/suggestions/38347963-enable-to-turn-off...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be patient.  The Fresco crew is definitely paying attention to feedback.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they? Because it's now April 2021 and nothing has changed! Love this app but the palm issue is infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Undo is a tape with two fingers..... It's usable for me.

Draw with fingers is disabled in parameters, and this is ok for me.

IMG_7635BD8BDCD4-1.jpeg

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How's this for weird! I went into my iPad settings and did something completely counter-intuitive. I went to the pencil settings and toggled off "only draw with Apple Pencil". So far Fresco is behaving itself. Give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines