• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off gestures

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to turn off all of the gestures? I cannot make a drawing without Fresco making unwanted changes. I know it's trying to be helpful, but until I get used to how Fresco differs from Sketch/Draw, I don't want the gestures. 

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

I don't think there is a way to turn them off. It would possibly be helpful to learn the gestures, so you know what to try and avoid doing. I find I'm safest when using the pencil, or I also do unwanted things when fingers touch the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David. 

No, I'm sorry, it's not possible to turn off gestures. Is there one that's particularly troublesome? Or do you not like any of them?

If turning off gestures is a feature you'd like to see in the app please post it on User Voice; they are compiled there so the team can see what's most important to the greatest number of people. You can access that site from an open drawing by tapping the ? icon in the upper nav then from the menu Suggest A Feature.

Please let me know which gesture is most troublesome. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's the UNDO gesture. When I put my hand on the tablet surface to draw, it often triggers an UNDO. It would be ideal--I think-- if you could turn all the gestures off so that you could add them as you learn them. Just writing with a "pencil" on a piece of glass takes a bit of getting used to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the undo gesture is very irritating. Every time I rest my hand on the screen while drawing it undo something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? I have indeed learned the gestures, but the UNDO function seems to be particularly sensitive. I REALLY want to turn it completely OFF. It's really maddening when you're trying to finish something on deadline. 

Just to be clear: It's not that I haven't learned the gestures. I have, but I don't want them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a problem since Fresco was released. It's sad to see that Adobe still have not recognized this issue and fixed it.  I will not use Fresco again until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the new version, and it's great that you can turn off the UNDO gesture. 

Now the other problematic gesture is the eyedropper/color sampler. Almost every time I put my hand on the tablet to start drawing, my knuckle acts as an eyedropper tool and changes the color to white (usually that's where it lands). This is exceptionally annoying. 

I realize these features are great for skilled, experienced users. However, beginners would appreciate less functionality during the learning phase. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi david

changing the colour to white is something which always happens to me

have you found a workaround / way to turn it off?

many thanks

jamie 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say, no. I haven't found a work-around. When I draw or sketch, my hand makes contact with the screen. That's where the problem is. I think the gestures are great for people who just use the stylus tip--but not for those of us who use a stylus as if it were a pencil. It is still really annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah okay thanks, I never knew why it switched but it does it atleast one time I draw with the pencil. Which is usually a few times a day.  I can never get it to change back either, have to manually go into the colour wheel and move it back to black!

Even if it changed to brown or red i wouldnt mind because my drawings are just of floorplans of properties; but white! I cant see that. 

Thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I realized that if the hand that holds the styled is pressed fairly strongly on the screen, the shortcut does not appear! Try....

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a way to turn them off. It would possibly be helpful to learn the gestures, so you know what to try and avoid doing. I find I'm safest when using the pencil, or I also do unwanted things when fingers touch the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more. I zoom in after sketching some detail and then when my hand lays on the tablet the undo goes in rapid succession and then I have to redo several of my strokes. I do not like the undo gestures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I don't have a problem learning/using the gestures, but the Undo gesture is just not working. Well, it IS working, but I think the palm rejection is just not up to par. I wouldnt mind having the gesute available, but when it undoes the last thing I drew every time I reposition my hand/wrist.... it gets very old. 

@sue_garibaldi - where is the user voice for this app? I'm happy to report things properly, but I can't seem to find the right place to do it. Maybe provide links to resources when they are mentiond? That would be super helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mind blown by the fact that such simple simple simple options are not available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines