• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Fresco on iPad Pro 12.9 - Export Transparent PNG

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My export settings are set to PNG and I've removed the background layer, but when I export it's the image with a white background.  What am I doing wrong?

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Hello, il suffit de masquer le calque blanc inférieur avant l'exportation au format PNG !
Hello, just hide the bottom white layer before exporting to PNG !

IMG_916E76F5F511-1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you exporting?

If you want a transparent PNG, use "Save to files," and not "Save Image."

32A9DF2A-4541-4462-AEA3-FF78553A062F.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

39A698B6-F888-4AA4-9165-4B92E2448AE6.jpegI did this and the end result is jpg, not png.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you're getting JPG, I am getting PNG when that's what I chose, and that includes transparency.

Are you exporting via "Save to Files" and not "Save Image" as I mentioned above? Please list your exact steps one by one and we'll see if we can figure out where it's going off the track.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answered my question. Thanks Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, as an update, I tried both "Save Image" and "Save to Files" and got a transparent PNG both ways... Please share your exact workflow and we'll figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried to save mine in files like you said but it still has a white background. What do i need to do?

CA992488-8F75-4388-AE0E-7D1DE429F822.png

CE76DD3B-6EB4-4D69-9B64-58455D713966.png

BC834988-1312-4A05-8ED3-3C1E7E77AF7A.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out how to allow transparent image export via ipad app.

While a file is open, go to settings > app settings > General > Quick export settings > FileFormat = PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happen to me I can't save my file in PNG transparent background in my iPad in fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, il suffit de masquer le calque blanc inférieur avant l'exportation au format PNG !
Hello, just hide the bottom white layer before exporting to PNG !

IMG_916E76F5F511-1.jpeg

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU. Had a problem took 2 min to figure out thanks to you. PERFECT and precise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem that has recently only started within the last week or so.  I have several documents that I've tried to export using the 'Quick export' and 'Publish & export' option to my iPad.  I used to be able to save them to my Photo Gallery.  Now when choosing the 'Save Image' option, it now shows 'Export failed' each and every time!  I've restarted the app and restarted the iPad.  It doesn't change.  The only option I have is to AirPlay the image to my iMac (I'm lucky that this works!!).  The app has also 'lost track' of one of my documents that has been saved properly to the iCloud.  I'm lucky, after several panicky minutes, by restarting the app two or three times, that the file 'magically' appeared.  This can't go on if I plan to use this app for business projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @tmills0220 

Can you check for permission in your iPad settings? From iPad Settings>Adobe Fresco, check Allow Adobe Fresco Access for Photos. If it is set to None then change it to allow Fresco to save images and the Export failed error should go away. 

Let us know if this address the issue for you. 

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried saving my artwork on the "files folder" however the problem still there. I found a way around this issue. Save your artwork on the files folder and then open it with photoshop, after the file has opened export it using photoshop and the image will show with transparency. Hope it helps, seem like the issue is that Fresco is saving the file as JPG even when you select PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines