• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vectors Fresco - pdf open in AI Creative Cloud layers/vectors not preserved

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi It is posted in Fresco docs to export as PDF to bring into AI, but there vectors are lost and the file just opens as single merged layer? What seems odd is Photoshop on the ipAd enables seamless import of fresco, preserves layers and offers, duplicate and flatten to edit direct which is fine. But then the workflow surely should be you will want to manipulate and add to artworks using AI and PS as PS does not like fresco enable vectors creation.

Also will live brushes port into main products being AI and PS over time?

If you can't retain vectors in AI that is a significant limitation for anyone wanting to use Fresco to sketcha nd then go into production environment with full tools.

Hope I am wrong and missing something here...

Thanks 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I open a pdf from Fresco in Illustrator they are on separate sub-layers.
Each layer has become an editable shape rather than a pen stroke.
From what I understand Fresco was initially being designed to work well with Photoshop but there hadn't been consideration to connect it with Illustrator. What I am seeing over time is more features being added to help Fresco work better with Illustrator.

I think there is still quite a way to go before their vector tools cross over nicely to Illustrator though unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines