Currently, if I use Fresco to create a vector only document and then want work on it later in illustrator, I have to export it from Fresco as a pdf and then send it to my desktop via one method or another.
It's a bit of a farse. Even more so if I decide I want to work on it on my desktop and I don't have my ipad with me to export it there and then.
However I can open cloud docs directly within photoshop on my desktop with retlative ease.
Will there be a point when I will be able open fresco vector files directly in illustrator from my cloud docs?
We completely understand that vector artists are looking for the same ease-of-use that raster artists are currently afforded with Fresco-Photoshop integration. I don't have too many details for you but I can say that this functionality is being worked on.
I've already passed your comments along to the team but if you have a minute please also post them to User Voice; it's an extra step but once posted there people can vote on your request and the team can prioritize features that are most important to the largest number of people.
To access User Voice from within Fresco:
* From the Home screen tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
* Then from the App Settings menu go to Help > Support > Suggest a feature
Thanks for taking the time to post.
Great to see integration between Fresco and Ai is being worked on, Thanks Sue.
With Illustrator for the iPad also being worked on I'm sure more people will be pleased when Fresco works well with Ai.
Think you're reading our minds. 🙂
Exactly, as I tell people often, just be patient, there is more awesomeness to come with this app
Any updates on this? Send to Illustrator just hangs in Fresco on my iPad
Sorry it's not working.
Sometimes product updates require "resetting," so there are a few steps I'd like you to try. First make sure that you're using v25.0 of Illustrator and v2.0.4 of Fresco, then, even though you may already have tried some/all of this, please try signing out and restarting in this particular order:
1. Sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and make sure all the work on your device is synced to Creative Cloud.
2. Then, on your desktop, close out of all desktop apps and log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then from the window that launches tap the avatar icon in the upper right corner, then Sign Out).
3. Then restart your computer and sign back in to Creative Cloud.
4. Before you try to sending from Fresco again, sign out of the app, (tap the avatar icon in the upper right corner of the screen then from the App Settings menu tap Account > Sign Out.
5. Once you sign out, restart your device, then log back in to Fresco.
6. Only after you iPad and your computer are up-and-running, try sending from Fresco to Illustrator again.
Let me know if that gets things working correctly.