• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add background layer in Fresco on ipad

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I erased the background layer in Fresco. How do I add a new background layer? Thanks!

TOPICS
Layers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

You should be able to add a new layer, then drag it to the bottom of the stack to give you a new layer as a background layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to add a new layer, then drag it to the bottom of the stack to give you a new layer as a background layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you! I did what you suggested but the new layer remained transparent and did not change into a background layer. How can I make a new background layer if none is there? I know I can copy one from the existing one but cannot figure out how to add one if there isn’t one.

Thanks!

Grant

Grant Fergeson
grantfergeson@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing special about the background layer. Once you have it at the bottom, use the paint can to fill the layer with white (or any other color). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok thanks! The background layer on the available templates are image layers and I suppose they just imported a white image. Thank you very much!

Grant

Grant Fergeson
grantfergeson@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a related question. When creating and filling this new background layer using the paint can, and any layer I assume, Fresco asks whether to fill it as vector or pixel. I assume I understand a pixel fill but am not so sure about a vector fill. I realize I never thought about the vector construction of fills when using them frequently in Ai including the basic fill tool and Live Paint.  Can you clarify a vector fill?  Of course I can just go search for that info elsewhere if you prefer! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines