• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fresco doesn't work with AMD Radeon RX 580?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i'm trying to download Adobe Fresco but I don't meet the requirements:

-Adobe Fresco is not yet compatible with your device.

-Adobe Fresco is not yet compatible with your graphics card.

Any idea on when they might be? or what GPU would be best to use for Adobe Fresco?

All other apps work fine and great even considering AMD's famous incompatibility with adobe apps.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Hello jeremya15680994,

Kindly follow the instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/system-requirements.html#graphics-driver for updating the driver. 

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Fresco is designed to only work on system that have a touch screen smd graphic cards that support that. The MS Windows Surface Pros from 4 on, Surface Books  from 1 on and the Studio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We'll be happy to help.
In addition to the response earlier, We'd like to inform that we’ve launched Adobe Fresco with support for ten devices (just know that we’ll add more as we work with Windows hardware partners):

• Microsoft Surface Pro 4, 5, 6
  • Microsoft Surface Book 1, 2
  • Microsoft Surface Studio 1, 2
  • Microsoft Surface Go
  • Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13″, 16"

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't wait for the Spectre HP to join that list.. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh, I own top Wacom MSP 16 and it does not allow me to open Fresco. It says .. GPU does not support D3D feature level 12.1. What is the problem? According to your announcement it should work on all MSPs. Please, help!

Daniela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Daniela,

We are able to reproduce the problem and are fixing the same for next release. Till that time can you check if this workaround fixes the issue you are facing:
1. Open the Nvidia Control Panel Application (Right click on Desktop and it would be in the menu)
2. Select Manage 3D settings
3. Under the Global Settings>Preferred graphics processor, choose the option "Auto Select"
4. Click Apply
5. Now launch Fresco

Let us know if this fixes the issue. 

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solves issue about loading Adobe Fresco, but now it won't allow us to use live brushes because it says we need the latest drivers.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jeremya15680994,

Kindly follow the instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/system-requirements.html#graphics-driver for updating the driver. 

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohit, I have an 11.6 inch Jumper EZpad Go 2-in-1 that uses Windows 10 Home. When I try to download Adobe Fresco, it says I must "update my system". Does that mean I need to upgrade my system to Windows 10 Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I did what you suggest but I am getting the same message. I have to disable Nvidia card and Fresco is running. But other Adobe softwares are slow. 

Thank you for trying to resolve it!

Daniela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry it does not work. Only disabling Nvidia allows toopen Fresco. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferred graphics processor is not included on my pc. so could you share a link to the version of the control panel you have?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will we ever be able to use Fresco with a Wacom Intous Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have ( amd radeon hd 7600m series ) graphics card , i try to install adobe fresco but it says it's not yet compatible with my graphics card. I know that this graphics card is more powerful than many iphone, ipad and surface graphics card that adobe fresco works on, so why it's not working for my graphics card?

My device met all the system requirements for adobe fresco ( windows 10, 8gb ram, 1 terabyte storage, 2gb vga and even it has two graphics cards Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 + AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series ), So why it's still not working? any help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with my laptop. It's an - HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cw1xxx with processor AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx and 

AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics.

I did follow the instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/system-requirements.html#graphics-driver and also I actualized AMD drivers but the installation still shows the same message about "fresco not yet compatible with my device". Please help or advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

The application appears to not be comatible with my device. I have a Radeon RX 5500XT GPU, it is fully updated. Anything I could do to configure everything so i can use Fresco on my device?

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

• I have a ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U with Radeon Graphics with Windows 10 64 bit
  • I have an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

It says Fresco not compatible.

How can I get it to work? What do I specifically need to do?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dellara @webdev887 kindly install the latest release of Fresco which is now compatible to run with AMD GPUs, let us know if you face any issues. 

Regards,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

The application is working now it's great! However the app instantly crashes if I try to use live brushes, specifically oil brushes. Is there a thread on fixing this issue maybe? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look;  its 2023 and your fresco still not working with my radeo rx580, and I have a wacom cintiq...puff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its 2023, my fresco is working... I fixed the issue by getting a new PC with a Nvidia GPU 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install Fresco for Desktop either. I have  AMD Radeon RX 580 and have updated all drivers and still it tells me my system is not compatible. I am a long time CC client. Frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. The fact is that fresco need dx12.1 and rx580 ha 12 (not .1) that's it. It's a shame we can't use this program for this.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well. Everything I have is up to date and as far as I can tell all the software and drivers I have meet or exceed the requirements and yet I cannot get Fresco going with my RX 580. 

Oh well, Adobe is not the end-all, be-all they act like they are and this Fresco app is probably just as disappointing as the rest of their products. I'll just go back to using apps that support real-world hardware and don't worship IOS as if it's the only viable option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, it's 2022, Adobe still hasn't been able to fix this? Have you been able to get around this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines