Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Fresco for iPad - Bending text

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help. Im trying to bend some text in adobe fresco on ipad and cant seem to figure it out. 

Is this even possible?

If not is there an adobe app that i can use that allows me to open the project and edit it in?

Thanks for any help

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

The text tool in Fresco is very limited.

If you want to make layout type changes I would try using the Send to Illustrator option.
This might give you editable text.

Better still, create the image in Fresco then move across to Illustrator or InDesign to add text with many more functions available to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

I'm fairly sure typing on a path will be your best option.

There's a lot of editing functionality which comes with typing on a path.

If you used InDesign your best option would be to create the image in Fresco then add the text in InDesign.

If you are trying to create a patter within the text and that's why youre using Fresco I would suggest placing the design/pattern inside the text within InDesign.

Not sure what Adobe plans to add to their Fresco text functionality, but right now, it's not you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text tool in Fresco is very limited.

If you want to make layout type changes I would try using the Send to Illustrator option.
This might give you editable text.

Better still, create the image in Fresco then move across to Illustrator or InDesign to add text with many more functions available to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you're reply Sjaani

I tried moving the image to the illustrator app on ipad and was finding it very difficult to bend on there aswell. Was only allowing me to draw on a path which wasnt ideal. 

Im hoping to be able to create the text i need and then import it back to fresco where i can continue to edit etc if possible. Would indesign allow this or is there any other adobe apps that would allow this?

Thanks Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly sure typing on a path will be your best option.

There's a lot of editing functionality which comes with typing on a path.

If you used InDesign your best option would be to create the image in Fresco then add the text in InDesign.

If you are trying to create a patter within the text and that's why youre using Fresco I would suggest placing the design/pattern inside the text within InDesign.

Not sure what Adobe plans to add to their Fresco text functionality, but right now, it's not your best solution based on what it sounds like you want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Ok type in your text, next go to the lasso tool, lasso first letter in your text, go to move tool, move and rotate letter according the spot on the curve that you want, select done on top right, go to bottom and hit deselect, repeat for each letter.

hope this helps.

yours truly JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you have text in vector mode go to the text layer drop down menu click vector, also you can space your text so you can lasso easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines