Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Performance] Fresco on iPad - Not enough Storage Space

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I started using Adobe Fresco, but everytime I open it I get a message saying that I need at least 3gb of space on my iPad to be able to use it. I have more than 10 gb of free space so I don't really understand. I tried deleting a few things, restarting my iPad, re-downloading the app and I managed to make it work a few times, but I mostly just can't use it. 

I like using the app when I manage to make it work, so any advice would be welcomed 🙂 

Thank you, 

Isabelle

14/02/20 Update

Many months after I still have this problem. The issue went away for a while and it recently came back. The only way to fix it is to re-install the app and the last time I did that I lost a project I had worked on that I now have to re-do. Looking forward for this to be fixed, I'll be using procreate in the meanwhile

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Device , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Hi Wisbey and Ohiohaze. Wanted to make sure you saw my response above so I'm reposting it here: The team believes it's discovered the problem and we'll be releasing an update very soon that hopefully will resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really odd.  I'm not sure how the storage space thing is with the iPad,  I know sometimes with MacOS, it can get squirrley with the amount you have left and and what it needs.   what kind of iPad do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's weird! I have an Ipad 2018 (6th generation). The other apps (Adobe Sketch & Draw) still work normally. I managed to make it work for today by deleting a few pictures and restarting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Isabelle. The team is working on this. Are you getting the same alert every time you try to use the app? If you are, are you able to grab a screenshot? Thanks for your help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

At the moment the app is working for me without this problem, but I will take a screenshot if it comes back. 

Basically, it is a pop up that appears when I open the app saying that I need at least 3 gb of free storage space on my iPad for Fresco to work. I can close it and navigate within the app, but I cannot open/use any documents without this pop up to appear again. 

Thanks for working on this! 

Isabelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,  The error message came back today after I managed to make it work by deleting a few things and restarting my iPad. I would like to send you the screenshot but it looks like I can't share it on here. It basically says that I now need 5gb of free storage space (instead of 3 as before)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Isabelle. I'm sorry. Don't worry about the screenshot, the team believes it's discovered the problem and we'll be releasing an update very soon that hopefully will resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Isabelle,

If that error comes up again, do try to restart your device and then check. 

Let me know if that fixes the error.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, I tried this many times and it doesn't solve the problem. I usually delete a few apps/pictures and restart my iPad until it works but it always comes back at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have tried restarting the iPad and reinstalling the app

local storage shows 2gb free even though there is around 40gb free on the device. So it looks like there is a problem calculating free space. The app has also crashed a few times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem says I need 3GB (or 5!) but I have 12 free.

Deleting and installing the App didn't work. iPad6. OS 13.1.2

13F7AD74-D8DC-44EF-8895-39D253E17D39.jpeg3B50840F-5157-481C-AD0C-DBF60B1CF00F.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wisbey and Ohiohaze. Wanted to make sure you saw my response above so I'm reposting it here: The team believes it's discovered the problem and we'll be releasing an update very soon that hopefully will resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, so exitingly waiting for the update 👍🏻😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but only on the iPad 6 generation, iPad Pro with less space works just fine. Hope for a quick update, good job 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and there are 4 months without any solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're not receiving anymore queries for this error. Are you still facing this error?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app? Would you mind letting us know your device and OS info?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Same error here. I have an 32 GB Ipad Pro and I just lost one of my fresco projects because it didn't save it. The pop up says: "Low on storage. Your device is low on storage and document recovery has failed. Please free up device storage and retry. Cancel will discard unsaved edits and revert to the last saved version".

I have delated all the fotos and apps I had, and it is basically free of storage. So it is not the problem.

Do you have alreadu a solution?

Thank you,

Eliana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind confirming me the version of Fresco that you're using?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I Have the version 1.6.1

Thank you.
Eliana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eliana. 

Please message me through  Fresco's Report A Bug link (tap the gear icon on the Home screen, then from the App Settings menu tap Help >  Support > Report A Bug) and make sure to leave in all of your device/app information. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This is pretty late but the issue has come up (for multiple others aswell) once again and even though i tried EVERYTHING (restarting device, deleting items/apps, deleting files and updating the app.) it is still there. i would encourage trying to fix this issue so everyone can go back to enjoying Adobe Fresco as it once was. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Don34500672p23s,

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue with Adobe Fresco. To further troubleshoot, could you please try signing out of Adobe Fresco and then signing back in using the Google login method? Additionally, check the available storage space on your iPad/iPhone or C drive (if you're using Windows).

After trying these steps, see if the problem persists. If the issue continues, we can explore other troubleshooting options. Thank you for your cooperation!

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been running into the same issue and was wondering when this bug would be fixed. I saw that you replied to this post in 2019 and have the adobe fresco up to date. I know it is not my shared cloud storage that is the issue because I have 100 GB and only 3% of that is being used. Do you or the developers know when this issue would be resolved it keeps popping up when I am drawing every few minutes of me using the app on my laptop? I have an iPad I use the app on also and don't have this issue if that also helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ashlan257256229we7,

I understand that you are encountering an issue with Adobe Fresco related to insufficient storage space, despite having sufficient cloud storage available. I apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you. To better assist you, could you please provide some additional information?

1. Can you confirm the amount of storage space available on your laptop where you are experiencing this issue with Adobe Fresco? It's possible that the device storage may be low, causing this error to occur.
  2. Are you encountering this issue with Adobe Fresco only on your laptop or also on your iPad? If it's only on your laptop, can you provide details about the operating system and version you are using?
  3. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far, such as clearing the cache or reinstalling Adobe Fresco?
  4. Can you confirm the version of Adobe Fresco you are using and any recent updates or changes made to your system?

With this information, I will be able to better understand your situation and provide you with relevant assistance to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Any updates on this? I have the same issue and I have 130GB of storage... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines