• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic Shapes not filling completely after new update

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I need is a very simple black rectangle, but the new update won't allow it. For some reason, the fll tool is excluding object outlines. After struggline to block out a word on an image, I took this sample  of just a bunch of black rectangles overlapping to show what wasn't working. 

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott. 

Are you  filling the shape with Pixel or Vector Fill?

For me it is not happening at all when I use Vector Fill but does when I use Pixel Fill. However, when using Pixel Fill if you  adjust the Color Margin slider (that slider is in the Fill Settings menu) all the way to the right, those hairlines should go away. 

Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem for you. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using a Pixel layer, but since I'm doing a shape shouldn't I not need to adjust the color margin? It's not the bucket tool, I'm not trying to only change the matching color, I'm trying to make the entire shape filled with one, regardless of what's below it. If the "fill shape" tool cares about the color underneath, it's not doing what it's meant to.  Are you saying that the shape tool has essentially been changed to a bucket tool with shaped borders? Is there now no way to reliably draw a full box? Adding a rectangle without having to tweak how "fuzzy" the borders get (a necessary evil when it comes bucket tools) seems like a simple feature, adding this color margin detail actually removes the functionality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines