• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush system in Photoshop for iPad works much better than Fresco

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted before about Fresco's brush system leaving horrible tails on the end of strokes that makes the app almost unusable. There's no fixing it - I've tried everything. Recently, however, I've found that this problem doesn't exist in Photoshop for iPad. I don't know if anyone from Adobe actually looks at these, but I wanted to request they please use the same brush system they do in Photoshop in Fresco. It's extremely frustrating because lines look great in Photoshop for iPad, but everything else is a glitchy mess. Everything else in Fresco works great, but the lines you draw get screwed up by the weird tapering effect at the end of a stroke. You can't win with either.

The functionality is there to have a great app. Between the two everything works great. But unfortunately the go-to professional grade software company for all things creative can't seem to handle making one decent iPad raster illustration tool...just two kinda crummy ones. Unbelievably frustrating.

TOPICS
Cross-product , Device , Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't experienced that problem.  Could you show us an example? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eric. 

My apologies for not seeing your initial comments (in July) about the Hard Round Variable brush in Fresco. Not only have I not heard of this tapering issue before  but I followed the steps in that post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco/stroke-automatically-tapers-to-minimum/td-p/11279785?page=1) in an attempt to get the same taper. I could not duplicate it. I also asked someone else on the team to duplicte it and he couldn't either. 

The strange thing is that Fresco does use Photoshop's brush engine so the strokes in Fresco should be similar to what you're seeing in Photoshop (and most certainly in Photoshop for iPad). 

It would be extremely helpful if you would write us through Fresco's Report A Bug link so we could: 1. See all of your device/app information and 2. Have you do a screen recording of drawing in Fresco or show us your brush settings so we can try to duplicate them exactly (although you did a great job of explaining them). I'm wondering if this is something that the new Stylus Pressure Adjustments in App Settings might be able to resolve.

At any rate, if you write us there, don't rewrite all of this... just mention that you posted here.

Thanks for taking the time to post about this.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines