• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes and Apple Pencil

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my Apple Pencil does not work with live brushes or pixel brushes. I have to use my fingers for those but I can use the Apple Pencil for vector brush and other features though. Is there anything I need to do to make it work with all brushes?

TOPICS
Device , Live brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

I'm sorry it took me so long to report the results. At the end, it looks that it was a bug from the 13.1 iOS. When the next update came, more brushes started to work and with the latest one, I am able to use almost 80% of the brushes. It was bizarre because the pencil seemed to work with other applications but fresco. But now it is fine. 
Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a strange one that I haven't heard before.

Can you verify the tip is tightly screwed in to the pencil? Loose tips create intermittent performance and I've seen that issue before.

What kind of iPad are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I checked the pencil´s tip and it seems good.  Pencil works fine with adobe sketch or other applications. I am using Apple pro 3rd generation. In adobe fresco it works with the other functions but those brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

This is very strange; Pencils usually either work or don't work. A few things I'd like you to do:

* Please first make sure it it's fully charged. 

* Then, unpair it from your device (Settings > Bluetooth > Forget This Device) then re-pair it. 

* Before you try it again, create a new Pixel Layer (do that with a tap-and-hold on the + icon and choose Pixel Layer), then choose either a Pixel Brush or a Live Brush and try drawing. 

Please let me know if this continues. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry it took me so long to report the results. At the end, it looks that it was a bug from the 13.1 iOS. When the next update came, more brushes started to work and with the latest one, I am able to use almost 80% of the brushes. It was bizarre because the pencil seemed to work with other applications but fresco. But now it is fine. 
Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the iPad Pro with M1 chip in December 2021 and the Apple pencil works on some but not all brushes in Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the iPad Pro with M1 chip in December 2021 and the Apple pencil works on some but not all brushes in Fresco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing with your Apple Pencil not working with certain brushes in your drawing app could be a compatibility issue between the app and the Apple Pencil. You may want to check with the app developer or consult the app's user manual to see if there are any specific requirements for using the Apple Pencil with all brush types.

Additionally, you could try resetting your Apple Pencil by removing it from your iPad and then re-pairing it. To do this, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the "i" icon next to your Apple Pencil. Then, tap "Forget this Device" and confirm. Next, put your Apple Pencil in pairing mode by pressing and holding the button on the side until the LED light flashes. Finally, pair your Apple Pencil with your iPad again by following the on-screen instructions.

It's also worth checking to see if your Apple Pencil needs a firmware update. To do this, make sure your Apple Pencil is paired with your iPad, then go to Settings > General > About and scroll down to Apple Pencil. If a firmware update is available, you should see an option to update it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines