• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes not supported | NOT live brushes

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am reaching out to see if anyone else is having a similar issue. I recently purchased a nice set of brushes that are .abr that work seamlessly for photoshop and illustrator. However, whenever I try to import them directly from my laptop or through the cloud, fresco says that all the brushes are unsupported. They are not live brushes, they are "Memento Shader Brushes" but I seem to be struggling to get them to work on fresco. 

I thought it may have been a size issue but I went ahead and uploaded a single brush from the pack and it still didn't upload. The internet I have works great as well so it's not that either. 

Thank you. 

TOPICS
How-to , Import , Live brushes , Pixel Brushes , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue with the same brush set. I have tried uploading them to Fresco straight from my iPad and also through photoshop 'libaries' and nothing seems to work. Not sure what it is about these brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TeenyTiny. 

As I mentioned to  Iram,  not all third-party Photoshop brush packs work in Fresco (this is particulary true for shading/smudge brush packs). 

Were you able  to use these  brushes in Photoshop?

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I tested it and was able to use them in photoshop, but wasn't ideal because my artwork was in Fresco on the iPad and I don't have a wacom tablet. I also can't find a way to import Photoshop brushes onto the Photoshop iPad app - I'm guessing this is because it is just a very basic version of Photoshop.

Also you mentioned to Iram that the brushes were illustrator brushes - the company sells all different versions of the same brush set: Photoshop, Illustrator, Procreate, etc. Just not Fresco yet! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TeenyTiny, 

I did notice after I said Illustrator brushes that there were brush packs for multiple apps. But not necessarily for Fresco. I'm not sure what goes into making brushes I just know that sometimes they just don't work in Fresco even though they work in Photoshop (it's particularly true for smudge/shading tools). 

Have you installed all of Kyle's brush packs?

Based on how many people would like to see it in the app, I suspect that the ability to import brushes into Ps for iPad is something that's being worked on.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sue,

Yes I have downloaded some of Kyle's brush packs. I'll have to go through them and see which ones I can shade with. That would be good if they introduced the ability to import brushes into Ps for the iPad... but then the question becomes do I use Fresco or Photoshop!? Haha. Ideally I'd just like to use Fresco, Ive been happy with it so far as I'm very familar with the other Adobe programs.

Thanks,

Teneale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teneale.

Also, if it's blending/shading you want to do, try Fresco's Smudge brushes too (tap the pointed-finger icon in  the toolbar. 

I'm not going to try to talk you out of  using Fresco most  of the time.  🙂

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iram. 

About third-party Photoshop brush packs: Although they may work in Photoshop, not all third-party brush packs will work in Fresco.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow, same happened to me and it's been a y while since you posted this. Apparently they havent fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines