• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bucket tool coloring on seperate layer possible?

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Fresco Community,

I'm trying out Fresco for the first time and been using Procreate before. It's important for my workflow to have outlines on one layer and colors on another. Is there a way or workaround to fill the colors with the bucket tool on a seperate layer? In Procreate it is the reference layer setting but I cant find anything similar.

Thanks in adavance!

TOPICS
How-to , Layers , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a couple of ways I can think of that you could achieve this.
You could duplicate the outline layer, fill it, then delete the outline.

You could trace the outline with the selection tool then fill the selection on a different layer.

Hope these suggestions help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still true in 2023?

We have to duplicate line art layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can luckily now put a reference setting on the outlines and fill on a seperate layer.

However, I find that it doesn't really work well because there are small visible gaps between outline and color when doing that. What I mostly do is do the lineart in Adobe Fresco because I LOVE the vector brush and then copy it to procreate to paint in there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that is good to know, but I would like a fill tool that can sample multiple layers at once...

I don't really want to change my workflow so I will probably switch to something that can do that. : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines