• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use layers in Fresco the same way I use layers using Illustrator?

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use layers in Fresco the same way I use layers using Illustrator? I want to combine an Illustrator file with a Fresco file to use in After Effects. Can I use both as a combo to create an animation vid with?

TOPICS
Cross-product , How-to , Layers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Fresco images can be saved as psd files, with layers intact. This would definitely allow them to be imported into After Effects.

You can't import Illustrator files into Fresco, but you can export Fresco to pdf which you could then import into Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco images can be saved as psd files, with layers intact. This would definitely allow them to be imported into After Effects.

You can't import Illustrator files into Fresco, but you can export Fresco to pdf which you could then import into Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kindly by the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the long delay on this subject. So can I then install my illustrator file along with a psd file from Fresco into After Effects so I can then manipulate both separately yet together in creating animation on the same project using After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am no expert at all. But yes, I have been doing exactly that for a fewe months now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines