• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant access files after crash.

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Fresco crash on me while working on a large file. When i reopened the program ALL of my previous documents seem to have been corrupted. When i attempt to open one it either says, "Format not supported. This document does not appear to be a valid psd" Or ir says "Problem opening document. Fresco is unable to open this document, please contact support."

I tried to download the files from my creative cloud, and the download button is just flat out missing for any of the affected files. Is there anything i can do?  Is there a way to just get the files locally on my computer? I really wish we could save them locally. I had work for clients in there. Someone please help 😞

Thanks in advanced.

TOPICS
Performance , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bekka. 

I know you posted late last week... Are you still having trouble accessing your documents in Fresco?

Please let me know. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I hace exactly the same problem as Bekka. How can it be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

María. 

I responded on your other post with the same response that I posted for Bekka: https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco/fresco-is-crashing-while-starting/m-p/11578149?page=2#M3676

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I was never able to recover them. And it has now happened again to another batch of my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bekka. 

Please contact us through Fresco's in-app Report A Bug link (tap the avatar icon on the Home screen then App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug) so we can see all of your device app information that auto-populates the email.

When you write us there, just mention that you posted here and I'd like you to check a couple of things to and let me know what you find:

1. Are you able to export a PSD of these drawings that are showing this error (tap the ellipses icon under the drawing thumbnail then from the More actions menu tap Export as PSD)?

2. When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents is all of the work that's on your device showing up there? Are any of the  drawing thumbnails blank on either your device or on the website?

3. Have you tried opening any of these files in Photoshop from Cloud Documents?

4. I'd also like you to share with me any one of the documents that's showing this error when you try to open it. Here's how to do that:  Tap the ellipses icon (...) under the drawing then from the More actions menu tap Share link (make sure the toggle for "Allow save to Creative Cloud" is ON) and copy the link that's in that window.

I'll watch for your email.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone that stumbles on this post looking for advice, it wasn't resolved. It seems my files are gone, I can't find where they are locally saved, and no one will tell me which is suspect.

I really don't like the cloud storage system, and that seems to be what corrupted them. It should be a feature that the files are auto saved to you computer, but I guess they have decided to not allow that to happen. I've lost almost a month of work for clients thanks to that design choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just responded to your email Bekka. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines