• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Colors later

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any possibility to change the color of my brush after I painted something? Like changing all greens to a blue (without creating a new layer and changing the layer mode - everytime I do this it effects all layers, even if I group them).. feel like I'm stuck to my colors now. Would probably use a clipping mask in Photoshop. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Color , Layers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Hi Juliaha,

If you tap on a layer, and from the options, choose "Lock Transparency," you can then paint over the layer with any brush, and the colors will "paint inside" the existing colored areas. This is essentially like painting with a clipping mask active. 

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juliaha,

If you tap on a layer, and from the options, choose "Lock Transparency," you can then paint over the layer with any brush, and the colors will "paint inside" the existing colored areas. This is essentially like painting with a clipping mask active. 

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option has been removed. How do you do this now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @aj1492,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, lock transparency is a feature that is only found on pixel layers. Vector layers do not support this feature. To use lock transparency, you will need to first convert the layer to a pixel layer.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines