• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Adjustments / Layer Fill?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying out Fresco and I'm trying to do something that I would do normally in PS or Procreate: make a selection/lock transparency/fill with a color. I'm not seeing a way to either fill a layer with a drawing on it so that it's another color nor an option to adjust hue/color/value.

Not seeing much in the tutorials about this so are these options unavailable?

TOPICS
Color , Layers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

If you tap on the colour dot you can adjust the hue.

There is a selection tool, just above the paint bucket, you can use that to create your selection then use the paint bucket or any of the brushes to fill it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you tap on the colour dot you can adjust the hue.

There is a selection tool, just above the paint bucket, you can use that to create your selection then use the paint bucket or any of the brushes to fill it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to do this is to first create a new layer and use a selection tool to select the area you want on the new layer. Then use the paintbucket tool to fill the selection with a color. You will be prompted to fill with vector or pixel. Now you can change the layer blend mode to adjust hue/color/values of the layer below. Tap on the edit icon in the upper right to find the layer blend mode options.

I've been using this technique a lot to add shadows and highlights to my illustration. After I like the effect, I merge the layer down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
The process you do on precreate , its almost the same here, just select your layer and under more layer options (three dots) first lock transparency, then use the lasso tool on the layer > select your area > select pixel brush/live brush and you can paint on that very layer. Also, after making your selection on the locked layer and selecting your brush, you could go to the brush settings which is the last icon on the toolbar on the left and there you can use blend mode and paint directly within your selection and on the same layer. 

Hope this helps,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines