• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted file / Cloud Sync issues

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently spent a lot of time (30+ hours) completing an artwork using Adobe Fresco on my Ipad, the file is now un-openable. I spent what felt like five hours using Adobe's in browser support service to mearly be told, "Its corrupted, youre SOL" (paraphrasing, everyone who helped me was very nice). Can anyone help?

The file in question shows up in my Adobe Fresco home screen, and its thumbnail looks like my completed work. It will sometimes have the syncing icon on it, and the cloud button in the top right shows an error - "An error occured while syncing one or more documents. Fresco will continue trying to sync." However when I try to select the file, nothing happens. If I try to duplicate, rename, or otherwise edit it will produce an error - "The document could not be renamed / duplicated / whatever". 

I have already tried accessing the file through my adobe account (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents) but the file that is saved there is an older version which would mean I would lose nearly 30 hours of work. 

I have tried most of the basics of troubleshooting - restarting, signing in and out, connecting to data or different wifi networks and nothing has fixed it. I am hesitant to reinstall Fresco as the only proof of my finished artwork is the thumbnail currently viewable but not accessable in my home screen. 

I have no idea what caused the corruption, and the only response I got from my time with chat support was "Adobe softwares dont corrupt files" and that it was possible an OS update, or an improperly saved file was to blame for the corruption. Should I expect to lose a file anytime I run an OS update (I had not run an OS update between the time I last used the file and when I discovered it wouldnt open)? I also always save to home when I am done using Fresco, am I missing a step in "properly" saving my files? Does anyone have anything they can contribute or am I truly SOL and should just expect to lose files to corruption while using Fresco from time to time?

TOPICS
Performance , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan. 

Sorry this is happening. Don't uninstall/reinstall.

If duplicating that document doesn't work, tap the ellipses icon under the drawing thumbnail to launch the More actions menu and select Export as PSD and see if you're able to do that.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sue,

Thank you for the prompt response. Unfortunately whenever I try to export as PSD, it sits at the loading screen seemingly indefinitely. If my Ipad screen turns off during the process it will make Fresco crash. 

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan. 

I just sent you an email at the email addy you've used for the forums.

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I am having this same issue. I upgraded my plan to see if that would work, but my files are still not allowing me to open. I tried reporting this issue through "report a bug" but it keeps telling me I need to connect my email account, although I already have done this. I also have many hours of work on multiple files that it won't let me access. I don't know what to do. I can't even find an old version of the files. They are visible as thumbnails on my ipad app, but when I open them in the cloud on my desktop they are not there. I paid for the upgrade through my personal apple account, but I was logged into my sister's Adobe account when working on these drawings.

Please help. I don't want to lose these documents. 

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarah. 

I just responded to your email but wanted to post my response here as well but please respond to me over email in case I need more personal information from you. 

Sue. 

Have you been seeing alerts that your Cloud Storage space is full? Or have you been receiving alerts that your device storage space is full? They are different alerts and it would help to know which alert you're seeing.

The first things I'd like you to check are your device storage space and your Creative Cloud storage space. Here's how to do those things:
* First go to iOS Settings > General > iPad Storage and let me know how much total space you have on your device and how much of that total space is used.

* Then from the Home page of Fresco tap on the avatar icon then App Settings > Account > Creative Cloud Storage and let me know how much available space you have in Creative Cloud.

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sync is always broken and loosing work. For all the money they charge for more and more broken bloatware. They never completed the promissed applications for the ipad. Sync to the computer PC or Mac corrupts and destroys hours of work. Can't trust it. There are far better free or low cost applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All you get is "Something went wrong, Try again" Well no indication of issue trying again never works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines