• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor shapes are different?

Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pencil pixel brush cursor is a crosshair after the latest update. Other pixel brushes look like the brush shape and size, as expected. Eraser and vector brush are circles. Live brush is showing no cursor at all (78 px). How do I get the brush sized cursor back for all tools? 
thanks, newbie here, working on iPad Pro. 

TOPICS
Live brushes , Pixel Brushes , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Hi.

Let me check with the team about this; I suspect it's working as intended (so people can have some indication of where a mark will be made).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

The pencil and  pen do  not show a brush stamp preview, but the rest of your brushes should. 

The brush stamp preview seems to be working as expected for me. (That said, some of  them are quite difficult to see especially with grayscale colors.) Have you tried going in to App  Settings > Input > Brush Preview and turning off the setting, then force-quitting Fresco, relaunching it, then turning the setting back on?

Let me know if you start seeing it consistently.

Sue,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue. Finally got a chance to try out your advice. And I even restarted the iPad for good measure. No luck. If I turn off the brush preview I don't see the crosshairs for the pencil. If I turn on the crosshairs, I see crosshairs for everything. If I keep brush preview on I have crosshairs for the pencil, but the normal preview for other brushes. 

Next thing I will try is uninstall/force reboot/reinstall. Sometimes a force reboot can work wonders. Will let you know if that changes anything. And if you have any other ideas please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up: no change with uninstall/restart/reinstall. 

Is it a bug? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

There are no brush stamps for the pen and pencil.

But are they working for all of your other brushes?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are working for all the other brushes.

The only thing I want is to not have the crosshairs for the pencil when the brush stamp preview is turned on. The only way to turn it off is to turn off preview and crosshairs for all brushes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Let me check with the team about this; I suspect it's working as intended (so people can have some indication of where a mark will be made).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does make sense. I hope they can make it so it can be turned off... kinda bugs me, obviously, lol! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dDembicki. 

It is expected behavior. So in order to not have the crosshairs you'd have to turn  off the Brush Preview. Which, wouldn't bee too bad if you're using the Pen or the Pencil for a long period of time (as opposed to switching back-and-forth between other brushes). 

I leave the Brush Preview off but checked it to see what you were seeing... I can see why it might be sort of, er, bothersome (it seems to move faster than the stroke).  🙂

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Sue, for all the follow up.

Guess I'll go post that suggestion on the feedback page... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines