• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do masks behave differently than selections?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to understand if there is a difference between masks and selections, other than that the masks are permanent.  Selections are easy to use as masks, but if you close the application they go away (annoying!).  I have noticed that live brushes do not bleed outside of selections, but masks do.  I am also having a hard time finding explanations of mask linking and flattening, and whether masks can be made to apply to multiple layers.  I am very new to Fresco, but love it.  Unfortunately, advanced technique information seems very hard to find.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Hi there,

Please see our help document here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fresco/using/layer-masks.html to understand the layer mask feature.

Hope this helps but feel free to post if this doesn't answer your query.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please see our help document here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fresco/using/layer-masks.html to understand the layer mask feature.

Hope this helps but feel free to post if this doesn't answer your query.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I now have a pretty good handle on masks -- but I really wish Selections behaved in the same way (permanence, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines